Fake Cuban Cigars

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by FatManJ, Jun 13, 2018.

1. FatManJ

FatManJ Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    During my most recent trip, a gentleman gave me his 3 remaining cigars from a sampler pack he purchased. He did not want to travel with them, but I suspected he wanted to get rid of them since they were so horrible. The labels were poorly made; the filler tobacco was chopped and the binder was missing; and they were not smoke-able because there were so poorly made. Please beware, any Cuban cigars not bought at the official La Casa del Habano store will most likely be a poorly made counterfeits. I have seen many stores, including one in the malls selling these rip-offs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. PardonTheFun

PardonTheFun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +696 / 0
    I've smoked, and still enjoy many fine cigars. My two favorite Cubans are the Montecristo #2 and Bolivar's Belicosos Finos. I can go into why they are my favorites, but both of these cigars have a wrapper that almost has an oily, slightly shiny appearance. Last time I was down there I went to every cigar store I could find from the sleaziest to the nicest. Every store had these two cigars. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS FAKE. They looked like they were wrapped in sandpaper.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice