Expedia - Grrr

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by deeka, Apr 26, 2007.

1. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone ever successfuly argued this point with Expedia??

They don't allow you to change the name on flights you purchase through them. You basically have to lose the full flight price and then buy a new one in a new name.

My mate's dropped out of a trip to Vegas but someone else was going to take his place.

The airline is Delta...could I go straight to them?

PS 37 days till Cancun for me!!!!!

2. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeupp... dealt wit this before when a friend backed out... good luck! trying to change flight information is one of the hardest things to deal with especially after 9/11

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well most companies will let you change the names..I have had it happen before. But they did charge like 100 bucks or so..

Never dealt with Expedia I always find them to be exspensive..

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I booked with Thomson Flights for my upcoming trip to Florida and you can change the name just a £40 admin fee. Its terrible if expedia cant do it allot of people have the problem where people cant make it experienced it myself.

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's the airlines that won't allow name change, for security reasons. If you have a fully refundable ticket, it's no biggie. But if you have a no refundable ticket, you won't lose the full value, you just have to pay the penalty (read the fare rules) for making change. Usually it's $100-200. You get the rest back in term of credit which can be applied to your new ticket.

http://www.travelterminal.com/fareruleintro.shtml

6. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks people...I'm busy exchanging emails with Delta now...trying to get round teh stupid expedia rule.

7. LeahN47

LeahN47 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would call Delta....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice