Exercising Together !!!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Deleted member 12579, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cutting out the junk will make a huge difference for you.. but I find the less you have to loose the harder it is so 1 to 2 pounds a week is a reasonable goal.. I think!!

2. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK... Sam!.. well I think this post is Sam.. how did you do this week?

3. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How did your week go?..

4. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Ok I'm in.. I'll play this game, we just got back and I am really happy to say I didn't gain an ounce on this trip... good thing cause I'm over weight to begin with... and that bugger jeff lost 5 or more pounds, so I'm up for the game in hopes that our next trip I will feel alot better about myself...
    Just got to think about how to go about it, I don't usually get home till around 7:00pm start dinner we're eating around 8:00 or later, we're up at 5 am... so trying to find the motivation and time will be the priority i guess..

5. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Deb!!, welcome.. and I hear you, if you read through the thread .. thats an issue for me too but I HATE!! exercising .. as I am sure lots of people do.. my moto is anything is better than nothing as far as exercise goes...not sure if its possible for you but try doing some stairs at work like me .. even once in the morning and once at the end of your day is better than nothing .. and I also try to "giver" on the weekends..lol well thats my intention.. maybe a solution would be for you to prepare some heat up meals on the weekends that you can eat a couple days during the week.. it might free up some workout time .. even 10 or 20 minutes of exersice per day could get you started. Start slow though.. over working it makes you tired.. and the motivation dwindles.. lol

6. Paul/Shannon

Paul/Shannon Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isn't that the truth! I can get down to my goal weight but the skin will never be what it was. And when I get there I like how my clothes fit but in a swim suit - I have lost my boobs and ass. Then there is also the face thing. As a middle ager - you can lost too much fat and it makes your face look older.

I love exercise - but only certain things. I have gotten to a point where I will only do exercise I love. Just got the XBox Kinect and it's a great work out. Saving up for the Zumba work out. Love lifting the best. Exercise for me is a HUGE stress reliever.

And in the end, I have to realize I am 45 with three kids. Just trying to be the healthiest I can be and feel good. I find lighting to be the key in feeling good, LOL. No bright flourescent lights!!! LMAO

7. meanestkitty

meanestkitty Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Weight loss

I lost 1 pound but the wife lost 6.

8. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YEAH!!! dont dismiss one pound.. thats one pound!!.. go look at a pound of butter!.. thats a lot.. and 6 pounds is awesome !!!

9. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Oh I've read through the thread thats what got me interested... sounds like we both have alot in common.. as for stairs we are on the ground floor at work, so no stairs when I go for the smoke. I do like the idea of preparing meals on the weekend though that would free up alot of time.. and rather than wait for Jeff I could eat earlier... eating so late at night doesn't help I'm sure.. I do have a few stairs at home... guess I could run up and down them a few times in the evening... ah its a start... also I'm really considering buying one of those infra red sauna's anyone heard of them and do they work or help??
    We have an extra room in our basement we've talked about turning into a fitness area. Our biggest concern is buying the equipment and end up using it to hang clothes off of... LOL

10. Deleted member 12579

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome Shannon!,yep.. that pretty much sums it up for us middle agers..well, that made me sad to write.. MIDDLE AGER...:( ...lol. Nothing stops time so you are right in saying as heathy as you can be.. one thing I'd like to mention.. I got the Zumba for the PS3.. not very impressed with it .. I think a DVD Zumba to follow along with would have been better.. but now I have made the investment.. and it wasnt cheap

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice