Exercising Together !!!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Deleted member 12579, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    We do low carb high protein. I don't believe keto is the best long term. Certainly not sustainable for us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    thanks def. need to start a healthy routine that's for sure.

3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Gee, there is absolutely no way to tell that from your Avatar:D

4. Markie

Markie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0
    Try Boombod very simple and it works !!!!

5. CentralFLCouple

CentralFLCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +453 / 0
    We just look at macros and don't worry too much about carbs. Sticking to food with at minimum a 1.5 to 1 ration of protein to fat. So if the meal gives us 25 g or Protein then its ok to have 17 g of fat, although we strive for a 2 to 1 ratio. We limit stuff like icecream/potato chips, etc. to weekends in moderation. We also weight train or do some kind of athletic activity every day for at least 1 hour. The key is to make it a way of life, not a diet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I used to post here on the regular many years ago. I never quite figured it out, but appreciated the support everyone offered! Well it's time for an update - I FIGURED IT OUT! This year, something finally clicked. I started working out and worked on my diet consistently. It may have taken 10 years, but things are finally going in the right direction. I quit drinking, started eating right and exercising every day. In 6 months I've lost 60lbs of fat and gained around 14lbs of muscle. My complexion has cleared up, so less red face (weirdly that's the one thing people comment on most!) and I can walk 5+ miles without getting winded. I haven't tried yet, but feel like if I tried to run I could actually do it! I weigh less now than I did the first time I visited Cancun. For anyone trying to make a real change, what I found finally worked for me, well quitting drinking was the most beneficial change. It's helped me keep on track with everything else. I moved to 'One Meal A Day' way of eating, so eat dinner but skip breakfast and lunch. I eat about 1200-1400 calories a day (down from probably about 3000). I cut out simple carbs (no bread, pasta, sugar etc) and upped my protein intake (I eat a lot of fish). I exercise daily, usually do 1 hour walk. Not quite up to 10k steps a day but I consistently hit 6 to 7k, and 10k on the weekends.

Before I made these changes, my health got really bad. I had high blood pressure, could only fit into size 26 (UK size) clothes, and walking more than 5 minutes I had back spasms that were rendering me essentially disabled. I've worked hard and turned all this around. So proud of myself for finally achieving something! I turned everything around and without resorting to drugs or surgery (I got to a point the NHS did offer me bariatric surgery). You can come back from a hopeless situation if you put in the work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    way to go!! yes getting healthy and in shape is a lifestyle. just dumb diets dont work very well. i was always losing then gaining back. i still have a ways to go, but by sticking to it the way you feel is enough to want to keep going!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice