Exchanging money

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by orangecrush, Dec 7, 2007.

1. orangecrush

orangecrush Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To all Canadians out there...
    Is it better to exchange our Canadian money to Pesos at home, or buy US travellers cheques, and exchange them to Pesos in Cancun?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would suggest just changing it into pesos in cancun when needed! Your hotel will likely have a money exchange center there that will do it for you at a good rate, if not they are everywhere!

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok i know you asked canadians, and this thread was directed at the brits, but i'll direct you to it and you can see everyones responses. theres also another thread in there. read them both.

i always take down usd if that helps. i dont ever bother with travellers cheques, but thats all personal preference. you can use your debit card there well which you will get a good exchange rate from.
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36291

4. snorklebum

snorklebum Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your best bet is an ATM at bank or booth scattered around the area.

Your best exchange rate.

5. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No need to exchange to pesos here first, simply take your Cdn bucks to Cancun to exchange at the booths ... better yet, don't take all your cash; use the ATM's there instead. Best rate, no question. To use the money exchange booths you will pay a higher rate and lose money.

DEFINITELY do not not buy US travellers cheques or US cash first. Why pay that exchange rate, to pay a second exchange rate from US to peso?

We have always used the ATMs, never had a problem finding one. Take some Cdn cash because the odd time the ATMs will not work. Take advantage of your hotel safe and take lots of pesos out at once and keep on hand to spend.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with this response 110%!!!

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice