Exchange Rates

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by carrie82, Jun 4, 2007.

1. carrie82

carrie82 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering what the exchange rate roughly in Cancun is from Pounds to pesos and also dollars to pesos, before I would get money changed at home.

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    1 american dollar is currently 10.711 pesos

1 British Pound is currently 21.21 pesos

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The best exchange rate is at Walmart, if you don't need too much. They accept max $50 bills, but you can go with other persons with a 50 each... and come back several times in a row.

Not sure if they accept other currencies. If not, I think the best option would be your credit card. Max 3,000 pesos a day. When you see in the booths "no commission" that means... commission included! Of course they take a comission!

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    local exchange rae and post by the parks (Xcarer, Xel Ha) is 10.80 MXP = $ 1 USD

5. carrie82

carrie82 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read on this forum that alot of people recommend taking my ATM card with me and using it I am not so sure I phoned my bank yesterday and they said that I would be charged 2.5% every time I used it... would I be safer getting my pounds changed into pesos at home or is it easy enough to get them changed in Cancun and would the rate be better than at home?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice