Examples Of Ttr Visitor’s “problems” (funny)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DontActMyAgeOnVacay, Mar 17, 2019.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Forgetting to eat for about 2 days.

2. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    In those circumstances nobody gets hurt, you can't push a rope. :confused:

3. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    When you're waiting for a table for dinner and strike up a conversation with some new friends who you think you are meeting for the first time only to have them tell you that you spent most of the day with them in the pool but you don't recognize them wearing clothes. Or maybe it's the alcohol.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Totally hate that one:

Me: "Awesome to meet you"
    Other person: "Steve, we hung out all last night, earlier in the pool, and 2 trips ago!"
    Me: "Shit, sorry. I drink too much."

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    So I was at a business conference a few years back and the presenter was talking about being “the man or boss” the leader of company x...where subordinates like to meet you and sometimes share stories about life,family, child or parents dying etc. and then feeling special for sharing stories and time.
    As the leader it is expected to remember all the names and faces and details etc. of each and everyone you meet.
    But as many know it is hard to do (and if you are like me, terrible with names, so I believe in name necklaces, and if I give you a number I can remember it...just don’t get number 2...lol!...anyway I degress).

So when the special feeling subordinate sees “the boss” again later and calls “the boss” by his/her first name and gets back a funny look or gets back “nice to meet you” they feel slighted and may reply with “we already met, don’t you recall we talked about x,y,z”...causing an awkward moment for both.

Again, as “the man or boss” you are expected to know everyone and everybody and also recall everything, including the tiniest details.

So, to eliminate this, the presenter told us never ever to say again “nice to meet you” but to replace it with “nice to see you”.
    This opens the door so that the subordinate to give you a clue so you have a chance to recall conversations, etc. and avoids an awkward moment.

I have done this and it actually works.

Of course I do agree it is very hard to recognize anyone in cloths or Bash outfit after being in the pool or even nakid on the BC!

I know for a fact because most recognize me in the pool with my many colors of cowboy hats but don’t seem to know me in clothes!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  6. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

DontActMyAgeOnVacay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    So, since I just learned this pearl of management wisdom from you, can I now write the trip off as a buisness expense???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    If you do, let me know if you do not get audited and I will do the same!
    In fact, you just gave me an idea...I think I will start my consulting business poolside at TTR.
    I will lecture on bizness, well monkey bizness, and management of muckidy muck and shenanigans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  8. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    So how does one schedule a consultation with you agency? I've recently been informed that the CRA will disallow me using my TTR membership as a business expense. :)

9. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    So are you sayin’ that you will be able to wtite off the trip if you have an appointment at TTR to help you deal with your addiction to shenanigans?
    if so well than we have an agreement and you are my first official client!
    Looks like I am in bizness.
    I will have my sexatary check my schedule and get back to you.
    Oh, in fill disclosure my expertise and hope is to create an addiction to shenanigans...:cool:

10. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    Which barstool are you going to hang you shingle on? Also is payment in Bourbon, scotch or tequila. I assume hours will be from 11-3 and 7-? at night
    Just a suggestion, make you business card water proof.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice