Evaluating property values - HOW..?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by v8eyedoc, Mar 20, 2010.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a few other houses in that area. I called a couple yesterday - one had horrible fake stained glass windows with birds - 1.65 million!!! crazy! and another they wanted 1.4 million - looked rubbish to me though. There is also a white one for 1.5 that looks like is has been recently remodeled with a very nice kitchen. I reckon 950 - 980,000 for a house that needs new everything (to get it up to gringo standards) is about right for that area - it's a bit close to Chichen and Portillo, cancun is growing the other way and Paseo Cancun looks like it is gonna be completely empty of shops before long! Still I don't expect ever to find a house for that much - greedy b*stards!

There is one gorgeous house that looks like 2 knocked into one I'd pay 1.5 for that!

In England people often spend a bit of money on their houses to get good prices for them - a lick of pain, nice kitchens, maintained gardens - here it looks like people try to make their houses look sh*t then ask for top dollar! Maybe Mexicans don't mind living in sh*t houses? maybe it's a cultural thing? like when a person comes to put a ceiling light in, if they left a big hole around the edge of the fixture I wouldn't pay - but here I don't think I've seen a good light fixture or electrical outlet!!

They built Chichen Itza - what the F went wrong?

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are making me feel like it will be easy to sell my house, no holes in the wall, no smell of sewage, actual real live grounded outlets, and a dishwasher. Thanks for the ego boost Mat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice