English-Speaking Al-Anon & Alcoholics Anonymous Groups

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Mar 23, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun's first English-speaking Al-Anon group is now meeting on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Al-Anon is a support group for families and friend of alcoholics.

~ Al-Anon in English ~
    Tuesday & Thursday
    4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
    Plaza Nader - 2nd Fl - Room 418
    SM 5, Avenida Nader
    (This is the building that the Mexican SRE/Passport office is in.)

Drop-ins welcome, no need to call first.
    For more information call Shelly at cel 998-170-3261 or cel 998-141-7040.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is also an English-speaking AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) group which meets in the same room 7 days a week. AA is a support group for alcoholics.

~ AA in English ~
    Meets Everyday
    6:15 pm to 7:15 pm
    Plaza Nader - 2nd Fl - Room 418
    SM 5, Avenida Nader

Drop-ins welcome.

There is a men's only English-speaking AA group which meets from 9 am to 10 am on Saturday mornings in the same room (the regular meeting is co-ed).

On Sundays you have to go through the garage entrance to get into the building, that entrance is on the left hand side underneath.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting, RG! Great information. I can also mention that there are OA (Overeaters Anonymous)meetings in the same place. I will post the schedule later.

It should also be noted that the AA meetings are considered "Open" meetings because, since it is the only English-speaking meeting in town, anyone from any 12-step program is welcome to participate.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also understand that there are AA meetings in Spanish meeting in the same building but not in the same room. I do not know anything about their schedule though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice