English Pub to open in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep you're right Michelle, there's definately a market for it. But a true Enlgish pub would involve lots of red tape as far as importing stuff plus a lot of $$ to get started. Would be nice though!!!

2. hkplayer

hkplayer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would go berzerk if they served Leffe there too.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was pointed out to me that . . .

there is a "real" pub on Nichupte. I have not been there, but,

if you are at Costco you go south (left) on Kabah. The next light is Nichupte. Take a left there and a few blocks on your left, not far at all, there is a 3 story (I think) whitish colored "L" shaped plaza.

It was there that she pointed and said - "Have you been to the new pub?"

Let's see what Steve, Jen or Tracy UK may know about this. I may stop by to see if I can get an ice cold Stella.

4. gjp

gjp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think TJ you are talking about The Pub (that's its name) in Plaza Infinity. It's been open a couple of years, and it is very comfortable and pub-y. One pool table, a big screen for sports. No Stella, at least not since I have been there, but they do have Guiness and Harps in cans. And Jameson, which is good for me. Not sure what other beers they carry in cans. I have not had food there beyond appetizers but I can't even remember the menu. It's worth checking out.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yeah it's been open a few years. It's owned by a Columbian guy with a cockney accent.

No British beer available, however, even the British dont drink British beer these days. Definitely no Stella, they do have Grolsch though. Fish and chips on the menu wasnt too bad.

6. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: Colombian with a cockney accent JA JA JA

7. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love it if there was Smithwicks or Fullers available in Cancun, two fantastic ales in my opinion.

Can anyone tell me where the new Hooters is going to be? I thought I heard it was going to be in La Isla Shopping Village if memory serves me correctly... does it or does it not?

212eric

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    There's been a Hooters at La Isla for some time now, at least 6 months or so. There's also one at Paseo Cancun the newish plaza downtown.

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if they will actually serve all that good British pub food...

For sure have to let us know Steve!

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Dream, the thread is over two years old and got bumped out of the depths. :roll:

The English pub never did materialise, and sadly the proposed proprietor died a while back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice