EngineerGuy...MMA Question.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Dameyune_Craig, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I've fought in CT, Mass, NY and NJ. Professional MMA wasn't actually sanctioned at the times of some of them, but amateur was still allowed. Full contact, no head gear, solid mma. Pretty standard US rules (no knees to head of downed opponent, no soccer kicks, etc...)

2. LeonPhelps

LeonPhelps Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fletch how much weight do you have to cut to make 155lbs? I have done a lot of boxing, but I had to have open shoulder surgery to fix my shoulder from dislocating. I dislocated it really bad one time in a amatuer boxing fight. It was coming out of joint a couples times a week after that.

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My body is a natural 160, so I never have to cut too much weight, so long as I diet properly leading up to a fight

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did for about a year, then jumped back into it, I just couldnt stay away....I'm the Michael Jordan of MMA....or the Randy Couture hahaha

5. LeonPhelps

LeonPhelps Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How tall are you? I'm 5'11 at 168lbs right now. I would fight at 155 forsure. I'd like to start some MMA training and see how my shoulder holds up.

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im 5'9, 5'10

7. ratt13017

ratt13017 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice fletch....ya, it is def a hobby that is hard to walk away from. Just got back from training now. I am def glad I am fighting at 170 this time. I weighed out at 173 after working out, so the cut to 155, 3 weeks after getting back from cancun would have been rough. haha

They just legalized mma in Pa, but the rules for amateur are weak. You have to wear shin guards and insteps, and no punching to the head when the fight goes to the ground. Depending on how this next fight goes, I may just turn pro to fight in my hometown, and make a little extra cash.

8. ratt13017

ratt13017 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [media=youtube]ORwqYzJ25m8[/media]

here is a video of my last fight which was at 170. I felt alot fresher instead of cutting all that weight. You have any vids of your fights online fletch?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BEAUTIFUL ground game man, that pass to mount looked way too easy, and love that you flattened him right before the finish, textbook!

I've got them on DVD's here at the house, if I can figure out how to upload them I certainly will

10. Cancun Mode

Cancun Mode Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    very nice, that looked way too easy for you though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice