Electricity problem!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Karl came over today (thanks Karl) seems like our electric is in pretty good nick after all, his readings showed normal (unlike the guys yesterday) and apparently we are well earthed. We are going to get a surge protector for the fridge freezer to be plugged into once it's been fixed, hopefully that will sort it.

Reading all the above, it seems like I am the only person on the board who knows nothing about electrics!

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,
    You are not alone, that's why I didn't jump in, LOL! I have zero knowledge and nothing to offer but an "Oh man that sucks".

So, "Oh man, that sucks!", but glad you got Karl on the job, he's good at what he does.

3. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - check online. You can get a decent whole house surge protector for under $300. Cheap ones for under $120, but not recommended.

Grounding Rods - check local code if you can, or if there is one. Code here requires the grounding rod be a min of 5/8" diameter and buried at least 8 feet deep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice