El Pueblito **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Woody

Woody Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn! Im going there this week. Can you just pretend it was brilliant? That way it wont put a downer on it :D

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just remember you aren't going there to spend your entire holiday within the grounds of the resort or in the confines of your room. It's SB, so get out to the beach and clubs!

3. Tricia21

Tricia21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed there with 6 other people in the middle of Feb and we were all mad that we didn't spend the extra 200 and stay at the Oasis instead. (although we heard from ppl on the buses that that hotel was pretty crappy too). The thing is that the check in staff there have no customer service skills whatsoever. When the 7 of us checked in they stuck us in two different buildings (both of which faced the sewage treatment plant). We went back to the lobby and told them that we requested rooms beside each other when booking. At first they pretended that they didn't understand english well enough, and after we were then informed that all the rooms were booked and that we were to check back next day. So we go back and see that the room next door to ours was empty and cleared out, so off we go to lobby again and we were like listen we know you have empty rooms, and sure enough magically two room appeared. So then we decided to try for better rooms altogether, meaning not in the crappy buildings with the metal balconies facing the treatment plant. They flat out told us that those rooms are for couples and families only and since we were students we were staying in the bad rooms. So then we gave up and decided to make the best of the situation. The list of bad things goes on: not enough towels even though left tips and notes in spanish, money and other stuff stolen, never any hot water, dirty sheets, bad food, far from everything. I mean in the end we had a great time anyways, it kind of became a joke about how bad the hotel really was and I was banned from ever being in charge of booking hotels again (suddenly it was all my fault, even though at the time of booking everyone was like yeah yeah whatever it looks ok), so if you are a student and want somewhere relatively cheap (still paid $1600 for all inclusive) than I guess go for it but i really would recommend spending the extra couple of hundred on somewhere better.

4. gd_nimrod

gd_nimrod Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For my full report check here: http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10973

But, honestly, this hotel was AMAZING.

The staff was friendly, no, they waiters and maid didnt speak english, but at the reception everyone HAD to be fluent. I got put in a 51xx building (which i found out from my travel rep is one only for teens) but i couldnt have been happier. We were crazy and loud every night, and NOONE complained, since only us teens stayed in there.

Food was good, like everyone says breakfast is the best, but i think thats mainly because youre most hungry after a long (or short) night of sleep/partying.

The best waiter is Willberth, and as i noticed, all people there work just about 7day weeks, so tipping isnt necessary but goes a long way.

Would LOVE to go back next year because of the great atmosphere.

Only major downside is thats its pretty far from downtown.

5. kgansheimer

kgansheimer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in that same building...let me tell you its not just for teens! I'm 23...and got stuck in that building...I finally had to call security on Friday night...it was 4:30-5:00 and everyone was screaming...I was sooo frickin mad! And amazingly enough...they were ALL canadians in 51xx also...I think there were a few that weren't but I would say 90% of them were Canadians...and they were ALL really loud...not to forget to mention they were rude (at least the ones on my floor) and I about knocked one of them out...if he wouldn't have run away from me!

6. gd_nimrod

gd_nimrod Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL :lol:

So how did you like everyhting else? The food? I must say the maids were nice, left $3 every morning on the TV with a little nothing asking for "mucho agua" and got 4 towels + 4 new water bottles every mornign.

7. kgansheimer

kgansheimer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The staff was awesome...never had a problem with them at all! :) We only had the maid clean our room twice...but we left them good tips...we got new towels every morning and we got new sheets. Our t.v. sucked...it was black & white...but other than those noisy Canadians...things were good. Food...not so great...went out to eat for supper the last 3 days we were there...couldn't eat that food anymore...breakfast and lunch were definitely good though! :) Did you have any of those Chi-Chi's? Those were yummy! :) The bartenders were hilarious and awesome...never had to wait long for a drink! :)

8. canadaEH

canadaEH Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lovin those bartenders

tripple shot tequila sunrise.....lived off those
    and if u talked to marco he made the crazyiest drink ive ever had he called it the tuiti fruiti...allll booozee
    had a great time at EP.....dont know why every1 complained about that resort....

9. Sherzy

Sherzy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back after two weeks at the el pueblito and i can honestly say that this place was tremendous. I ahve no idea how anyone can complain about this place. It really was awesome. The location was a little far out but as i passed the other hotels i thought to myself that the other places didn't look as homely or as friendly as ours. There was loads of different foods to try so im not sure why people have complained about this. The hotel staff were great especially Jorge who went out of his way to get us great deals and get us VIP treatment in clubs. Wilberth was another great guy, he was one of our waiters who made sure we never had an empty drink. Rooms were great, had a great view of the ocean.

10. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice