El Pueblito **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    El Pueblito

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for El Pueblito here.

Located at Km17 it is a 20 minute bus journey to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 45 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Cancuntravel

Travel Center

2. Dave & Mo

Dave & Mo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We enjoyed the El Pueblito... In my opinion it's a very under-rated hotel. Great beach, fun bars and pool atmosphere, food was OK to good. I have lots of El Pueblito pictures in my Webshots albums ....... In fact my avatar was taken from our terrace at the El P.

http://community.webshots.com/user/davecrockett

Dave

3. djmoose

djmoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're here right now...and the pueblito is nice....but that's about it. Everyone is correct about the food...it's kida crappy...we got a nice room on the ground level so we can walk out our patio to the pool...so that's nice.

Weather is nice...the help is friendly...but make sure you bring pillow cases!!! (there are none on any of ours!!) The beach is clean!

Kim and Moose

4. roxi

roxi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    EL Publito

I was just wondering what type of crowd is at the El Publito?? Is it more of a family resort or are there young (25-35) people there too? I will be there the first week of April, after the Spring break rush.

5. djmoose

djmoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What we had were ok...neither of us really drank too much. :-|

6. djmoose

djmoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So Kim and I were at the El Pueblito from Sun Feb 13th to Sat the 19th. We were supposed to arrive on the 12th…but Kim’s driver’s license had expired in Jan (even the person who renewed her license plates didn’t catch it) and so we needed to get a new drivers license and luckily, Apple Vacations had space on the Sunday flight…so we got everything taken care of and left Sunday…our room at Pueblito was waiting for us and we were able to check in as soon as we got there Sunday morning (like 11 AM) and didn’t have to wait until 3PM like everyone else. (+ for Pueblito & Apple)

Arriving at our room…we’re at first a little disappointed. All tile floors, not too too clean looking…but all in all alright. We had room 2214…ground level…and I THINK a bit bigger then some…because the bathroom was larger…with a very big bathtub….nice and tiled…square…with a big bench on the outer edge to sit inside the curtain if you wanted. The best thing about the room was that the patio opened right into the courtyard…and gave us a 10 ft walk to the inner pools. After the first night…the non-carpeted floors throughout the WHOLE room got old...real quick…we basically needed to wear our sandals most of the time or your feet would hurt and get all crappy with sand and moisture. Also, the beds. These were the WORST beds I’ve ever slept on. Both of our backs were KILLING us the first morning after sleeping. (we eventually tried both…kept one as a ‘play’ bed./..etc…and they both SUCKED) How can any hotel have such terrible beds. The pillow cases and sheets never looked REAL clean…Also, I was first afraid our air conditioning wasn’t working…but it eventually cooled the room and worked great all week.

The staff all around was very friendly. Our housekeeper was real nice…we left a tip every day…and was always greeted with a friendly face, etc etc. All of the waiters were nice…etc etc…the entertainment guys were cool…but it was clear their real goal was to hit on hot younger girls…but that didn’t bother me too much, we spent most of our time at the inner pools…not the main one.

The Inner pools were great…a little cool…but for this time of year…clean and attractive. No complaints there.

The food was overall crappy. Kim basically stuck to bread and fresh fruit (which WAS good). I was able to pretty much have a little but of everything. The burgers and fries at the snack bar were sub-par…but good enough to eat. I guess since it was ‘free’ I didn’t mind as much. Every dessert was TERRIBLE. Each cake I tried tasted bland and almost watered down…which sounds weird…but I’m dead serious…watered down cake? Believe it! LOL!

Both Kim and I got 1 hour long messages and the lady is GREAT…very professional and very good. I highly recommend…

Something that’s not really a complaint…but something that got annoying was the different vendors they have every night. EVERY time we went to the store or bar…we had to fend of people trying to sell t-shirts or something. I can understand that at the flea markets and whatnot…but not in my hotel!!
    Overall, a good time at the pueblito…I think if we had comfortable beds, I would have been happier. Kim won’t stay there again because of the food, which is understandable.

Pics of our trip (a lot of Pueblito) can be found here:

http://www.breakbeatmilitia.com/gallery
    (goto Cancun 2005)

7. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would you consider it a good place for people in their late teens/early 20's?

8. djmoose

djmoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, that is Chichen Itza...and it was great. I'd been there before, but Kim hadden't and really wanted to see it. I'd definitely recomend seeing it in Feb...as last time I saw it was in August...andit was like 110...no joke.

Not related to the pueblito, but we booked our tour through brant...which was with Greyline. No complaints...

9. djmoose

djmoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I hear it's one of the more popular spring break resorts...and on Thursday the 17th...the breakers started to arrive. Before that, it was mostly middle aged people...a few families. It was my impression that the majority of people there were French or Canadian.

Basically, if you're coming to cancun to party, it's a cool place...if you're looking for a luxury resort to relax, enjoy great food, and rest very comfortably...I'd (and will) look for another resort.

10. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back from el pueblito and its definitly not worth it. Horrible location, horrible rooms, horrible staff, horrible food. I definitly will not go back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice