Eco Friendly Sunblock

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mommy2allyandaveri, May 4, 2008.

1. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We want to go to Xel Ha but I know we have to use eco friendly sunscreen. Do they sell small packets there? I really don't want to spend $20 on sunscreen that I will only really need one time.

2. BCE4800

BCE4800 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought some through Entertainment Plus and they will get it to you at the airport for $10 or to your hotel for $12

3. stephenj

stephenj Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Xel-ha enforcers

It is a good idea to make sure you have "the approved" sunblock when going to Xel-ha. We had bought some prior to going to there, and were interrogated by the Xel-ha sunblock enforcers - they pressured us to use the sunblock sold in the shops there, even though I showed them the bottle and it was clearly marked as "eco friendly". I'm sure the one offered by Entertainment Plus is on the approved list.

Xel-Ha is a beautiful resource and my family and I in no way want to jeopardize its beauty and value to the Mexican people.

also - get there early and enjoy breakfast! it is all part of the all-inclusive plan. My family books a van through CancunValet and get there right before Xel-ha opens and stay till they kick is out. Five folks make the CancunValet van a great deal when compared to the tours, and you can set your own schedule. go and enjoy!

Steve and Laurie Jones
    June3-18 2008 @ Solymar thanks to Michelle and Peter Hermick!

4. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If your sunscreen contains any of these ingredients, even if it says eco-friendly it won't be allowed in Xel-Ha or Xcaret.
    Octocrylene
    Benzophenone
    Parsol 1789
    Hexyldecanol
    Dimethyl capramide
    Cetyl dimethicone
    Methylparaben
    Polyethylene
    Propylparaben
    Butylcarbamate

The sunscreen Brant sells is accepted at the parks.

5. Golden

Golden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice