Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Surprisingly enough we are all aware of it all. Got mom drunk last mothers day and she spilled hahaha I knew it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    For Canadians, re: Westjet:

I received an email this morning from WestJet announcing that new bookings made up to May 31, 2020 will have change/cancellation fees waived. So if you are looking at flying through Feb 2021 (that's as far as they have flights posted as of today), this is a good time to book "risk-free" (if you cancel your booking, you'll get a credit, not a refund). If you are not totally sure that the dates you have chosen will work in your schedule (this could be us, for next April), you'll be able to move the flight free of charge.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'm still wondering if my nakey-time trip to DRM at the end of June is still a GO.

Numbers are still increasing of course, but the people in the know seem to be indicating it's flattening as stated above. We shall see.

4. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    In Canada, our fearless leader is suggesting that social distancing might be in effect into July. Trump is really wanting to get the economy going, but this will require the capacity to test broadly so you don't send sick people into the workplace, and especially to have an antibody test that works and is widely available until a vaccine gets thru testing in 12 months. Apparently the first vaccine candidate is just about to start animal trials. It would be brilliant to be have an antibody test that says you've had the virus and are now protected against it, though I'm reading that they don't know if the protection lasts beyond a year. It's not a never-again protection, apparently.

The film industry is talking about a June re-start...this morning Sean received an email to that effect. I assume that will depend on whether the virus curve continues on a low trajectory in California.

I think we'll have to see what the course of the virus is in Mexico over the next month to know whether June vacays will be possible. Numbers are building there (3441 cases with 241 new cases yesterday across Mexico, 194 deaths). They are behind us in terms of the timeline of their curve, and who knows how widely they are testing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Obviously the virus will be around until a vaccine is available. Would you still go if it is and risk catching it while in Mexico or in route to Mexico and end up at a hospital there? Thats our biggest problem and why we wont be doing our normal 2-3 times a year for a long while.

6. chrsun

chrsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0
    Halloween??

7. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I run the risk of catching the virus while isolated in my own house, so that part is out of my control so I try not to waste extra mental time on it other than to follow the protocols.

The "hospital in Mexico" illustration is very on-point, however. Ack! I would NOT want to go to a hospital in Mexico for a critical illness...

8. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    You might catch something worse than Coronavirus in a Mexican hospital...

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    They are far better than you may think.

A guy (from California) I accompanied there after a Boobs Cruise injury said it was far better than back home. I've also had a couple of stays there, a couple of ER trips between the family and both our kids were born in hospital. Have no complaints whatsoever.

Galenia Hospital in Cancun below.

galenia.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    The thing about Mexico which isn't like the US or Canada is, though... the whole private hospital "choosing" thing. That other thread about the guy who had the heart attack while at TTR and he went to the hospital and since he couldn't come up witht he money they apparently just let him, and watched him, die?

I suppose doing nothing at all "could be" construed as fitting into "First, do no harm," but it is a big reach.

Glad to know there IS a great hospital there, Before something ahappens to someone we know while down there. Or, to us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice