Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Kyle...try cranberry juice for a peanut butter and jelly like taste.
    But as others have posted it is great straight.

fyi...we have over 100 bottles of liquor so we are good for a while.
    But I have noticed we are knocking them off a little faster than usual.
    Of course, the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS is still open for liquor and we do not have the abc liquor stores you have in PA.

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Yeah, we cancelled our May trip to NOLA too.
    Hope we can still go in Sept with @ajay for Make a Wish Foundation charity event!

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
  4. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Now looking at July 4th wkend....

5. Spicy

Spicy Spicy is the Variety of Life Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,263 / 3
    Still crossing my fingers for May 23

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Interestingly enough, we've got our DRM reservation from June 26 ~ July 4.... but it's broken in two parts by the resort, as Stacia wanted to try out a specific room which is in a lower category than the P-Suite, I think it's Master Suite w/Plunge, maybe? Anyway, it's available June 26 to June 30, but on July 1 we have to "move" from that room to our usual...

So, I was thinking, if there's a ban on travel through "June," I've still got a reservation through the 4th which I "could" extend a day or two and still get a decent vacay...

Go me.

7. Andrea&Mike

Andrea&Mike Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    Listening to a broadcast today and I’m hearing that the country (US) will be opened up again sometime in May. It will be limited, still asked to wear masks, etc. Then gradually over the next two months into July restrictions will be lifted or adjusted as dictated by how things play out. August is looking more and more promising!

8. chrsun

chrsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +256 / 0
    it's nice that Trump wants to reopen the US. But it can also mean that no country will welcome you. For Hong Kong, opened up too soon and so many more became ill..
    keep in mind there is also a world outside the US.

9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Very true. Going to be quite the dilemma for countries like Mexico that rely on tourism and want to get restarted as soon as possible. I do find Steves reports of positive vs negative results interesting. Most interesting is that the rate of positive tests to negative tests is almost higher than ANYWHERE. What does that tell you? It tells me that it is more widespread than realized and the reason the numbers are not higher is because they are not testing very many people, only those with significant symptoms. This would result in Mexico being behind in numbers and their curve may be a little later than the US which would make sense since it likely got there later. On the other side of the equation is Steve's reports of how locked down everything is. That would of course help limit the spread and shorten the impact. So many factors that it is so difficult to tell how this will play out. I know I wouldn't want to travel, even if my president said I could, until I was sure the virus spread was under control in wherever I was traveling to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    No matter what you heard, that was strickly an opinion expressed by whomever you were listening too, since there is no offical guidance or even a suggested plan. Plus, in the end, while the president, the CDC and other federal agencies may suggest when to lossen the guidelines, it will be up to each governor and other local authorities to lift the restrictions. Thus, the easing of the restrictions will vary greatly by location. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic (I haven't canceled or moved my June trip yet - even though I am virtually certain it won't happen) but I sure wouldnt be making plans based on a broadcast I might be watching.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice