Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Dee_N_Cee

Dee_N_Cee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    skrewball is good alone. Try a salted rim for what is called “salty balls”!!

2. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Screwball is great on the rocks but mix it with chocolate whiskey and you have a peanut butter cup drink! Yum! :)

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    That's why I used that visual image to describe it... it simply was not possible in the store (and it's Not a little store with skinny aisles) to actually maintain 6 feet for the other persons. Everyone was talking and trying to do their best but hey... if'n ya needs your likker ya gots to do what ya gots to do...

Some aisles in the store are less than 5 feet wide, difficult for a cart to pass another cart, so the use of such carts has seriously diminished, and folks were turning sideways to let folks pass through without contact.

It's the most courteous liquor store I think I've ever been in lately...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'm glad I live in Texas. There's so many people from Louisiana who live in the Houston area I think they'd have to call out the National Guard if they tried to close the Texas-Louisiana border to stop people from going to get their favorite libation.

Other than transmogrifying the Vodka into Bourbon, I'm with you, Kyle.

5. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Restling, you've got Guinness on tap there? You've made some good life decisions certainly, but that's right up near the top!

6. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Well, shit. I was attempting levity above by invoking the Texas-Louisiana border. As soon as I stopped perusing new posts here at CCC I did my daily corona virus news check on Google. Here's the very first result:

Coronavirus in the U.S.: How Fast It’s Growing

Sonofa.... Note that New Orleans is right up there with cases per, the way they're calculating and presenting the data. For comparison, NYC has a ~8.3 million population, whereas New Orleans is just south of 400,000...

No trips to Louisiana for us this year. We "were" planning on taking a group trip to the Golden Nugget in Lake Charles for my b-day/our anniversary... I think that's got to be nixed.

7. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Yes, stay out of Louisiana, John. The experts think that Mardi Gras caused the quick rise of Covid there. No doubt many of Texas' cases were people who went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. There was also a group of 70 university students from Texas and another state I can't recall that went to Cabo San Lucas together and a bunch of them now have coronavirus. Who knows how many people they gave the virus to back home in Texas before they were diagnosed.

This is the site I use to get an update on the whole world, and it breaks down by US state so you can see where the growth is:

Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,152,751 Cases and 61,625 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Worldometer has a lot of helpful graphs so you can see the pattern of the cases in each country. Spain has flattened the curve, but is not on the downhill side yet. Italy is now on the back side of the curve, thank God. Those poor people. :(

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Actually that was ScubaSteve with the Guinness. I’m pretty much a low carb guy. I doubt Guinness qualifies.

9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Oh, I get it. I was just cruising through and he quoted you, got it. OK, I remove my congratulations from you and hereby deposit it onto him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Well at least through the month of April!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice