Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Imagine a hell where all the liquor stores are closed. And the online state delivery website is closed too. And the state only allows delivery from their state website so it cant be delivered from out of state. And the neighboring state has said they will start arresting and/or fining people who cross state lines into their state to buy alcohol. This is my nightmare. This is Pennsylvania right now. We bought 28 bottles of vodka when this started and are down to 12. We can still get wine and beer from grocery stores but I need my VODKA damn it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    That’s quite a purchase. What brand did you buy?

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    To the closest TTR/CCC person to my location:

Hopefully the PA online store will be running better next week after the initial site took a hard hit Wednesday and these few days. My suggestion is to go on at 12:01 AM and order. There is probably some spot in the middle of the night where the counter resets. It could be at midnight, or maybe like 2 - 3 am. I have been pretty well off up until today. We don't drink during the week, so what we had around, and few bottles we bought a few weeks ago were fine. Plus I have Guinness on tap here.

I did however take the drive to Total Wine today. That stuff they are posting about that cops could be true, but much like much of the stuff you see on-line it's exaggerated/or made up for hits and likes. People find it amusing to put false information out there. I 100% drove there, I 100% saw no cops, I had zero issues.

A much bigger problem I saw was this: You think it looks like a ghost-town in the burbs, and everyone is doing the right thing. But go to a more densely populated crappy city like Willmington, and you would have never known there was a "pandemic". Lots of people all around. 85% of the store, and surrounding shopping center, were couples 55-60+ years old, and Willmington locals (with families of 4+) out and about. Looking like they excited for vacation/snow days ahead.

I'm good again for a while.
    upload_2020-4-3_17-45-8.png

4. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    Move to Texas. We fucking rule!!!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    460CF5DF-34F2-46D1-A71B-7147DF8C700E.jpeg Today’s rations.

6. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Collecting alcohol is Sean's hobby :rolleyes:. We have about 350 bottles between our two wine fridges and 4 more cases of wine that don't fit in the wine fridges. Our worst case scenario is that we drink up all the Wednesday wine and have to resort to drinking our 96-point bottles!

Oh wait...I forgot about the 10 bottles of vodka and 15 bottles of scotch Sean has.

Guess we'll make it thru the pandemic without being forced to go on the wagon. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I’ve come to the point where I need a “night cap” in order to fall asleep at night. This is my favorite, usually mixed with diet A&W cream soda. Normally goes for about $14 a bottle.

I was in Walmart a few months ago, and they had some cases of it in the middle of the isle, obviously getting rid of it. They had it priced at $5/bottle. I bought 9. They are gone, and I’m still kicking myself for not buying three times that.

I guess I didn’t want to look like too much of a drunk, but in reality, what’s the difference between 9 and 29?

3A4C6188-1088-4F6F-9A35-867493196F84.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The main breweries in Mexico have shut down, as they are currently classed as 'non-essential'.

I'm good for a while. Beer fridge is full and plenty on hand to restock.

beer.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    so right now I have...
    5 bottles of kettle one botanicals
    3 bottles of grey goose orange
    1 of the really large grey goose
    1 bottle grey goose cherry noir
    2 bottles of effin cherry

I also got a bottle of the skrewball peanut butter whiskey but have nothing to mix it with. Was told the Godiva liquor is a great mixer but of course I can get no more liquor. So will need to find something else or just have it on the rocks

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    ha we think alike. However, I have tried the website at many different times including twice at 12:01 but no luck. I ordered a bunch before they originally shut down the site and thankfully it came or our situation would be much more dire.

I figure when we get down to 5 or less bottles and if the website still isn’t open for orders then I am going to try Delaware. Good to hear you didn’t have issues. They didn’t ask for your id when paying? And if they did they didn’t care? I have considered jersey too but given their amount of cases I don’t think I want to take the risk.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice