Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    We booked for Aug 17-23, hopefully we can get in between panics lol.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    T n B you made my day by sending me the videos of your Deadly Cow encounters today but not sure why you didn't just post them directly??? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Kyle, you're kidding... you got a direct on the cow encounter after that masterful exchange... and it didn't get posted for everyone's lightening of spirit in this quite depressing thread? I mean... like... c'mon!

*drum pounding begins in background*

"I want Cow videos!"

"I want Cow videos!"
    "I want Cow videos!"

"I want Cow videos!"
    "I want Cow videos!"

"I want Cow videos!"

4. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Well, shoot...

Coronavirus Live Updates: Grim Models Project High U.S. Toll in Months-Long Crisis

Between ~100K to ~250K dead is the prediction. Not good, any statistical model. I guess we keep doin' what we're doin' for a few more weeks.

Hmm... I can't help it.

Total US population: ~331,210,000

If it's the ~100,000 number = 0.031%

If it's the ~250,000 number = 0.076%

Huh. Numbers, man. Saying that a morbidity rate of significantly less than 8 hundreths of 1 percent sounds good, right?

But, saying that a quarter million folks are going to die... does NOT.

Ack!

THIS is why I don't read the news!

On another topic, Stacia went to the liquor store across the street today (still open as apparently they are essential, with which classification I agree) and we spent, ahem... "another" two hundred bucks on booze.

Next time, I'll be able to take advantage of their delivery service.

Let me write that again.... just so I know you "heard me right:

"Next time, I'll be able to take advantage of their delivery service."

5. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    At the end, I’d like to see the projection if we never did anything.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  6. Dee_N_Cee

Dee_N_Cee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    But cows....

7. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I'm not sure this helps, but our youngest son works for a bio tech company in California that has partnered with many of the largest pharmaceutical laboratories in the world to create, test and bring forth anti-viral treatments and a vaccine for COVID-19. In fact, they just partnered with Eli Lilly last week. He's really at the forefront with this at strongly believes that the number of infections will begin to drop (not go away completely) this summer as the weather warms up in North America and dew point readings begin to rise. Historically, viruses thrive better in cooler, drier environments than in humid weather so the 'curve' should begin to flatten possibly in June. And, yes this virus will likely return in the fall but should be less virulent than it is presently and should mutate down to a virus on the same level as the common cold. The research indicates that it is unlikely that COVID-19 will become more lethal given how extremely contagious it is, because a virus that mutates in that direction ultimately extinguishes itself when it kills the host. He's a molecular biologist and a ph.D. from UCSF so I kind of think he knows what he's talking about regarding this.

If it was my wife and I rebooking for Temptations, I would aim for November or December because hurricane season will be over by then, and if COVID-19 returns it hopefully will not be causing the panic and shutdowns that it is at the present time. Plus an effective anti-viral medicine or even a vaccine could be in place by then.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    So let's get back to orig question about when it's maybe ok to book again.
    Let's say things stabilized & Gov't allows international travel again maybe by June 1.
    Figures by late Aug, kiddos back in school, cheaper pricing, & it'll so hot down there it'll kill off the virus, lol.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Well, we're playing the "Cancel & Rebook" game with our flights for our end-June trip to DRM... so far, we've Saved, I'd guess you'd call it, about $500 on the 2 round-trip tix.

Assuming we get to go. Otherwise, it'll all go into a Southwest Airlines travel-savings account type of thing.

10. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    We had a video conference at work today led by several MDs. Here is what I took away:

1. This coronavirus is “wimpy,” meaning it can be easily killed on hands/surfaces by alcohol, bleach, iodine, and, of course, soap.
    2. It can live on surfaces for about 3 days, and in the air for several hours if that air is still. With any kind of circulation, it’s unlikely to survive for long.
    3. One theory behind why kids are faring better is that they’re sick a lot with other coronaviruses, so they can fight it easier.
    4. Once exposed, most show symptoms within 4 days, begin experiencing shortness of breath at day 6, require admission (if required) at day 8, and intubation (if required) at day 10. Yikes.
    5. There are a lot of studies going on right now to find treatments...like, a lot.
    6. Social distancing will likely extend through June.

So wash your hands, wipe down your stuff (not just counters), and stay home.

Here’s hoping September is good. I should have arrived at TTR this afternoon. Instead I celebrated my birthday alone in my apartment, eating a pint of ice cream while watching diet videos on YouTube.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice