Earliest Time Frame For Safest Booking Post Coronavirus....?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestHoustonCouple, Mar 18, 2020.

1. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    We're totally bummed to cancel our trip to Europe next week.
    So now looking at earliest time frame to book our 5th trip back to Temptation.
    So what's your earliest prediction that Cononavirus will be mostly gone whereas ALL travel restrictions will be lifted & no travel hassles?
    Thinking it'll be hot enough by May to safely book...?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. tropea

tropea Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    I re-booked for next year, march 2021. I think it's wildly unrealistic to expect it over in 4 weeks... I read that projections currently have deaths/new cases peaking at the earliest in late May.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Easier to read a crystal ball...…. sorry you aren't able to come to Europe next week

4. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    I can’t decide if June is safe or if I should just try for Sept. I get worried it’ll book up quickly on the dates I’d like to go.

5. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked for July and September but I'm starting to think that July might be too soon.

6. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Even Trump is saying the virus will be around to July or August. If TRUMP is prepared to say that, you know the experts believe it to be around that long. I work at home and have the news on all day, and some experts are saying this will stretch into the fall. That paper from the UK about infection models that came out over the weekend says Coronavirus could be ebbing and flowing for 12-18 months. :eek:

IMHO, those people who are still flying out to Mexico need to think about (at least) 5 things:

(1) Mexico may have few reported cases simply because they are not testing.

(2) Mexico's infection rates will increase if people from North America travel there and unwittingly bring the virus. Do you want to be responsible for that?

(3) Will the US/Mexico border close while you are away?

(4) Will your health insurance cover you if you travel contrary to travel advisories? Most have exceptions for pandemics.

(5) The faster we ALL practice social distancing, the faster we can shut down this virus and life can get back to (the new) normal. There has to be some short term pain for us to get the long term gain of getting back to TTR as soon as possible.

Some people are going to hate on this post, but if people are not prepared to voluntarily change their lives for a short while, we will end up in lockdown like Madrid. My son just escaped from Madrid yesterday, and trust me, you don't want to live under a lockdown order.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  7. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    We are booked for 9-13 Sept. Hopefully all this mess will be under control..

I would think it will start getting back to normal around end of May....

8. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    I just rebooked for September. Here’s hoping 6 months is enough time for travel to be okay.

I am social distancing as much as possible, but still have to come to work to be here for our patients. My big sister may have been exposed. Luckily, she’s overall healthy and shouldn’t be at high risk of severe illness. It’s a scary time.

9. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Anyone have an interest in using statistical models? I can share some if there is interest

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    share away

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice