e-Marketing Executive job

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Erika in Cancun

Erika in Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recommend you to a little research, since we don’t advertise our company in the newspaper. Besides we don’t have any OPC positions.
    Have a lovely day!

2. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By looking at your website you are either a division of or a direct affiliate of the Sunset Hotel chain, thus the name Marketing 4 Sunset.
    Therefore I stand by my statement.

3. Erika in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

We do the marketing for Sunset, indeed (which is obvious). We don't have the OPC's, and we don't advertise in the newspaper. I don't understand your exact problem, since we are not harming anyone by hiring people for our growing company.
    I believe that you work for another resort or marketing company and you just want to discredit our company, by giving false statements. I respect your opinion, and hopefully I expect the same respect.
    Have a great evening!

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are asking for respect but are making statements like this one? There's no evidence that LTL works for anyone who would want to discredit you.

The fact is Erika that a lot of us here are uncomfortable with the discrimination that is evident in your job postings. Instead of making baseless accusations why don't you address the issue of discrimination?

5. Erika in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi Rivergirl!

Well, I didn't feel necessary an extensive explanation about the "discrimination" in my postings, since, I've already posted that if the people are over the age range and are skilled, we will hire them, however it seems that is not enough, and I'm being forced to make this more extensive.
    We have our preferences for a reason, and actually are not about discrimination, it’s about suitability regarding the job, the work environment, and the salary.
    I’ll go no further with this, and I do apologize for the statement I made about TLT.
    Have a lovely evening!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So people who are over the age specified are likely to want too much money? That's what I figured the reason was.

Instead of advertising blatant age discrimination you could simply offer less money than the old farts ask for...then you wouldn't need to use such obvious age discrimination in public like this.

It would make for better public relations...and you might be pleasantly surprised what kind of applicants you get when your job ads don't turn off people who think age discrimination is wrong. Just a thought.

7. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only one way to deal with this

Erika,

You're really a bad advertisement for your company.
    You're supposed to be working in HR and you have absolutely no idea about the issues of discrimination in employment. I am really shocked by your attitude. You should be ashamed of yourself.

There's really only one way to deal with companies like this.
    Make sure you don't use their services.
    Make sure your friends and contacts don't use their services.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not to belabor a point...but...given that this is forum full of foreigners, most of whom hail from countries where age discrimination is illegal...it may have been wise to tailor your advertising to the audience...that's a fundamental rule of marketing.

Also interesting to me is the number of private messages I'm getting from readers of this thread, each of whom has told me a tale of woe about working for Sunset. I've heard about immigration raids and passports being held for months and people not receiving payment for their work...it's quite interesting reading, but every case is sad.

9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Erika:
    I have no clue who Sunset is. And truthfully I do not care. However I do care that your advertisement is full of discrimination, you defend it as it is something we should all accept.

How would you feel if you were turned away for a job interview due to your age or your sex instead of knowledge or experience? I truly think you need to become more mature in how you respond to us and also wake up to the reality that this sort of discrimination is not helping your company and the image of Mexico as well. If I was looking for work I would certainly not want to work for anyone who blatantly discriminates againts people for whatever reason they feel is acceptable to them.

10. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the way I do agree that Steve should not let these job ads run on this site. The best thing he could do is to remove them totally and we would no longer have to put up with issues such ads bring up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice