Dumb question

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Feb 1, 2008.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Joyce, you too!

(we'll be the ones with the lunatic preschooler)

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The cost to park is $24 for the first hour, or any part thereof, then $6 for each additional 15 minutes.

All major airline flights from the US - EXCEPT, AS KIM SAYS, ANY THAT HAVE LANDED SOMEWHERE ELSE IN MEXICO FIRST, arrive at T 3. The only exception is Jet Blue, who for some reason, arrives and departs from T 2. They currently have one incoming and one outbound flight per day, from JFK. But on March 13 they begin direct flights from and to Orlando, again one each way per day.

3. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PS

Kim, Kim, Kim,

While your "east end of the terminal" statement is correct, remember that we are dealing with Cancuck here. Passengers on interantional flights into Terminal 2 exit the building on the RIGHT end of the building.

Passengers arriving on domestic flights into Terminal 2, and this includes international arrivals who have connected in Mexico City, arrive LEFT OF THE CENTER of Terminal 2.

Another interesting point is that in Mexico you do Immigration at the point of entry into the country BUT you do Customs at your ultimate destination in Mexico. Twice in the past I have entered the country in Mexico City and somehow avoided Customs in Cancun, and also in Mexico City. Kind of interesting how that can work due to Customs Agents basically not paying attention.

4. Shari

Shari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh my the airport really has grown. Sorry to just jump in like this but my friend and I are arriving on different flights a few hours apart, we just thought we could wait for each other outside the baggage area. She's using a funjet charter with Ryan International Airlines and I'll be arriving on Northwest. Both are international flights. Is there anyway to find out if we'll be arriving in the same terminal? :?:

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shari,

NWA comes into Terminal 3 for sure and I am almost positive that Funjet does too. I just sent a text to a friend who works there and will correct this if FJ goes to 2. As Rivergirl says, there is an outdoor waiting area when you exit the terminal building after Customs.

Just make an immediate left when you exit the building and there is a little chrome gate that open automatically. You will see the tent looking roofs when you exit the building but just go thru the gate and you can sit and wait for one another. Servers will come by to sell you expensive drinks and food but you don't have to order. It is a waiting area that happens to have food and beverage service.

6. Shari

Shari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK Thanks for the help! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice