Drugs and Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cancundude, Mar 18, 2007.

1. thescottishboys

thescottishboys Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Call me cynical but does anyone not think that maybe he was actually looking for drugs and you lot have just told him where to get them?

Not really a big issue as he would have found them anyway and maybe he is telling genuine.

Not really something that bothers me to be honest anyway, see enough of it at home anyway to care that much, is the same most places in Europe anyway

2. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola

We felt very uncomfortable around the flea market area, we were amazed at how many people were trying to sell us drugs. We smiled and said no thankyou but really wanted to let them know what we thought of them. One guy actually grabbed my wife hand, that was that and we walked swiftly back to the hotel. One thing for sure, we will not be walking around the flea market area again this year. We really enjoyed our trip last year and will not let a few idiots ruin it for us. Going back again in may and can’t wait.

Daz

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I absolutely loathe the flea market area. I can handle the people trying to sell me drugs and whatnot, but the vendors there and their aggressive tactics make me want to scream. I might even buy something if they would just calm down a little.

4. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thescottishboys

Don't know what its like where you live but we have travelled all over Europe and not seen anything as bad as Cancun. The guys around the flea market were very aggressive in trying to sell their drugs. Its something that definitely needs addressing in Cancun if they want to keep attracting tourists, not everyone is so tolerant.

Daz.

5. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody knows where to "avoid" good looking hookers?

6. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes...lots of people at the markets selling drugs. i have also been offered drugs by people on the beach.

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Vegas lol

8. thescottishboys

thescottishboys Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    fair play, been to Ibiza several times which is no stranger to it

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, I am really surprised by how many of you have been "harassed" by folks with drugs. I walk the same streets and get the occasional, quiet, "psst, want some coke?" but never anything like I have read here. In fact, when I do go out in the hotel zone and talk to tourists, they often ask me where they can find drugs! They say they thought it would be easy but they were looking for them and couldn't find them. It's easy enough to get them if you are looking at pipes in the souvenir stores, but I haven't experienced anything as "in your face" as described here.

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That's been my experience too.

An occasional comment but nothing overt and it's definitely not the norm.....and Dany and I are all over the markets and downtown in general.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice