Drugs and Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cancundude, Mar 18, 2007.

1. cancundude

cancundude Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Following on from Br02ad's thread asking for drugs, I want to ask where not to get drugs in Cancun

Coming from Europe, I've heard a lot about Mexico, how you can buy all kinds of drugs in the pharmacies, and where there are drug-dealers sprinkled all over the shop.

I am sure that in a tourist-paradise like Cancun, there are places one should avoid if one does not want to be exposed to people smoking marihuana and doing all kinds of harder drugs.

Which clubs, beaches, pubs, parts of Cancun to avoid?

Do I need to expect dealers and such to be in my face?

CCD

2. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really in my experience, dealers in clubs and such feel you out first before talking to you about anything like that.

However, those f :evil: ckers at the flea markets ask a lot more freely, but they are even more pushy about getting you to come in to their shops to buy souvenirs from them.

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Entrapment is not uncommon. Police in plain clothes, paid informants, etc do go out of their way to catch tourists purchasing drugs. Doesn't matter where you are.

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That includes most of the area around the Convention Center.

If you wouldn't buy from a stranger at home, where you can at least call someone for bail - then you can see how it might defy logic to consider buying from a stranger in a country where bail is an unknown concept.

5. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same on the streets around the clubs, especially the little strip between Forum by the Sea, past Slices, Dady O's, Bongo Bar, etc., down the pedestrian street towards TGIF, MexTreme, etc. They must decide by the look of you whether to approach you, but they just ask if you are looking to "get high". Just like Nancy Reagan said - just say "NO" and keep walking! They are never threatening or overly-pushy, perhaps because we are used to it after six years.

Dan gets asked a lot, especially since he got his tattoos. Not sure why they think the two are related. We are in Cancun and high on life, why would we want artifical help?!?

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a good scam they've got going.

They sell the drugs, then finger the buyer, and after the arrest get to buy the drugs back from the police at a discount, so they can resell them to the next sucker!

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [quote="vrodgers] ...They are never threatening or overly-pushy...[/quote]

That would be my experience as well.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That would be my experience as well.[/quote]

That would be my experienc as well.

In about 100 trips to Cancun it's never been an issue for me.

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I went to the market, I got harrassed continuously....so I haven't been back since.....just not worth the hassle.

Michelle

10. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    they ask, I say no.

really not an issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice