Drops of Love Package? Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by hawkfans, Mar 10, 2009.

1. hawkfans

hawkfans Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to Temptation April 14th-20th. We have booked the "Drops of Love Package" is it worth it? I read what is included and several reviews that past guests have wrote, some neg. and some positive. Any info would help... Does it run smooth? Can you make all dinner reservations over phone? Room Service from ala carte restaurants? What does the personal butler do? How much time in advance is need for lobster dinner? Location of jacuzzi rooms? (some sites say beachfront, some say quiet pool, sexy pool etc...) Are there 2 jacuzzies? Any other hidden perks? etc... Thank you all so much and we look forward to meeting some of you at Cancun and the rest of you on this message board.

-Mike and Brenda

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Just my opinion, but I would go without the package for my first trip, and check out the rooms, jacuzzis etc before shelling out quite a bit of money for something you may or may not be happy with.

3. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They are mostly on the bottom floor around the quiet pool, They will give you tickets for the lobster dinner that you can use any time, one jacuzzie on the porch. Have not used the drops of love package but members get the lobster( its not maine lobesters but good)What did they promise you? Terry

4. hawkfans

hawkfans Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's what is included: Welcome basket chocolate strawberries, fruit basket, bottle of bubbly; daily petit fours; Personal butler service; couples massage; jacuzzi in room and outdoor jacuzzi; candles and bath oils; lobster dinner; room service for all meals; access to beach club; preferential telephone reservation to a' la carte restaurants; express checkout; brand amenities; and iPod deck.

Want to know if we'll really get this and if it is worth the extra $$$.

Thanks again all.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Everytime I've kicked the idea around, I think "no way" ... my experience with the resort is that other than the bed and channel 12, you don't spend any time in your room - it's more fun to be out and mingling with the crowd - the "drops of love" package doesn't do that for you. The only Jacuzzi room I saw that seemed worth it was one that was on the end of the furthest east building facing the ocean - all the others are out in the open and not very private - most are first floor in fact - would you want to be doing it in your tub on the first floor? Not so much.

And for that they get a premium of at least 75% on top of the room rate. At that price, I'd forgo the resort and go stay at the Aventura Spa - for a similar price, you get all of that in a gorgeous opulent setting. No sexy pool scene but ... still beautiful.

6. hammer1212

hammer1212 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    drops of love

we just booked it, march 25-april 1, it seemed like a good deal to us. I'm sure there will be an after hours party somewhere so it might as well be in our room. How many people fit into the hot tub, ours at home is a four person and we have had 8 adults in there at one time. Look forward to hearing more about drops of love

7. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Re: drops of love

The hot tub is a large residential whirlpool tub not the typical chlorinated outdoor one you might have on your patio. Two folks.

8. hammer1212

hammer1212 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jacuzzi

So its one that you fill up when you want to use it, I'm excited about the package after all its just money and we really need this holiday. Its one of the coldest winters on record for us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice