Driving Direction

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rubble2240, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Rubble2240

Rubble2240 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody know directions from the Hotel Zone to Coba? Coming down over Memorial weekend and want to rent a Jeep and drive!

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are two ways to get to Coba from Cancun.

You can go south, down 307 (the Cancun-Tulum highway) to Tulum, then at the first light in Tulum you turn right on the well-marked road to Coba. Cancun to Tulum is almost 2 hours (now that Playa del Carmen is so big and has so many stoplights). Tulum to Coba is about 25 mins.

The faster way to go is to go out west on Lopez Portillo Ave. in Cancun. You go until the road splits in a Y, do not take the Cuota (tollway), instead take the Libre (freeway). The Cuota does not have an exit where you need one.

Take the Libre out until you get to the town of Nuevo Xcan. Right in the middle of town is a well-marked intersection and a sign to Coba. Turn left toward Coba. Going this way is about 2 hours total and has much less traffic (once you leave Cancun city) than the other way.

Once you reach the town of Coba just go through it and you will find the ruins on the left, they are easy to find.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow RG. That is good work. Saved me the trouble. LOL

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unless Rubble just wanted to get to Av. Coba downtown. Then he will be hopelessly lost.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL TJ, hadn't thought of that. If he just wants to get to Avenida Coba he should take the city bus...

6. Rubble2240

Rubble2240 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, I was looking for Direction to the Ruins. This helps a lot! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice