drinking the water?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bscott, Jun 5, 2007.

1. bscott

bscott Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can you drink sodas and cocktails with ice when at the clubs/resorts/restraunts? a few of use are going next week and have never been. thanks for the help! any other advice is appreciated too!

2. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh lordy!

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes you can, thy use purified water for ice & cocktails

4. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The water and ice are both fine in Cancun's Hotel Zone to drink, bath in and do whatever else you can think of doing with/in it.

One piece of advice I give people however is that when traveling, often the first thing to suffer is the body's ability to digest food properly. This is due to several factors such as lack of sleep, too many cocktails, rich food and different micro organisms you are just not used to. The best way to stay regular is by consuming yogurt or one of my favorite remedies that offers the same benefits of yorgurt known as Acidophilus. Like yogurt, Acidophilus replaces the good bacteria your body needs in order to digest food properly. You can find Acidophilus at most health food stores.

212eric

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I drank the water at our hotel last year and suffered the last 2 days! ILL stick to bottled water for brushing my teeth and drinking next year hahaha

6. Paul79UF

Paul79UF Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never got sick from the water during spring break....but I've found that the Chaser pills also helped to keep us feeling more 'regular' as well. Not sure why.

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you do nothing but drink, drink and drink some more alcohol on your trip you will feel like crap. If you drink water (bottled or from the hotel's purified system) you will be ok. Nothing to worry about with the water supply in the Hotel Zone.

8. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bebelo y no te preocupes.

let's see. . .get to Cancun and start doing tequila shots in the airport. . .stay up all night the first night and drink more tequila. second day lay out in the tropical sun and get burnt while drinking lots and lots of Mexican beer and eating rich Mexican food. . .do this for three days and the fourth when you get sick you are supposed to blame. .. .that's right. . . . the WATER :shock: LOL. . .

nah. . .don't worry about the water. . .you'll get sicker if you DON'T drink it. drink LOTS of it, I promise.

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drinking from the tap isn't what I would tell anyone to do..I use it to brush my teeth thats about it..

BUt I find I would get sicker form the food more than anything,

10. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bottled water is cheap, plentiful, extremely widely available, and the people who live in and near Cancun drink bottled water.

When you're drinking just water - Why take the risk?

Alcoholic drinks, etc served in the hotel zone in particular are ususally fine - ice may or may not be OK for many of the same reasons you'll find in any tropical tourist environment, and I'm 100% with Eric on the Acidopolous - take it with you and eat one after you eat anything else and you'll reduce the chance of having any problems dramatically.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice