drinking the water

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by junebug, Nov 25, 2011.

1. junebug

junebug Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I will be going to GP shortly and my question is can I drink the water there or should I stay clear and drink just bottled water?

Thanks

2. funlovincpl

funlovincpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know about the water at Golden P but we have a general rule about other countries - only drink bottled water and use bottled water to brush your teeth. You are on vacation. The last place you want to spend your vacation is in the washroom of your resort hotel room rather than by the pool or on the beach. It really is not worth the risk.

3. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    unless youre drinking faucet water....you should be ok...even the faucet water at GP goes through alot of filtration.

all the water at the bar is poured from SEALED water dispenser or water bottle.

2L bottle with cost you $3usd at the giftshop. and you get 2 1pint water bottle in your room everyday if you dont wanna spend money

4. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you really cautious, i would stay away from SALADS.

been to GP handful of times and drink their water (hell, if you are really that scared about that water-----think about the ice on your drinks?) i never got sick as fonzi always tells me "drink enough and alot of tequila and youll kill the germs" lol

i only got sick their once when i "slowed" down drinking lol

5. stl_couple

stl_couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We planned for worse case and hoped for best. Last thing we wanted was stomach bug during an awesome out of country vacation.

6. newfiecouple

newfiecouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Salad? Isnt that the stuff my food eats?

7. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

:eek:rangehat: This is the best advice you can get.......well said funlovincpl...:aktion033:

8. ScorpioMCN

ScorpioMCN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep I can vouch for salads - MANY people got sick incl me last April during my stay at Riu Tequila (in PDC) - from the steakhouse - we figured out it was due to the salad - and them washing the veggies under tap water - yikes! yeah definitely NEVER drink the tap water - don't even run your tooth brush under it before brushing - TRUST ME! USE bottled water only and you'll be fine!!!

9. ScorpioMCN

ScorpioMCN Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

808 - I THINK the ice is made from pure water - but yeah you never know! one hotel might do this - another might not. I would guess they don't want a bad reputation so they probably use purified water in the ice maker. Life is full of risks - some people are scared to even travel to Mexico for irrational fears - which is ridiculous! But i love your idea of just drinking more tequila! - that seems to be the best preventative to getting sick.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice