Drinking & Shopping Help Please .. Thanks.. !

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Ian, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ey up ... ( Hola ! ) :lol:

One of my mate's is currently residing in the Moon Palace for a couple of weeks and whilst their lass ( his Mrs ) torch's herself round the pool 24/7 is getting a tad bored and sent me text early today asking where's best to go out for an afternoon bevvy (drink ) on his own. He was enquiring about downtown and although having been to Cancun three times myself didnt feel it would be right to send him there on his own and directed him towards Slices/ Corona and Carlos and Charlies instead.. any suggestions on where else he could go that I could advise him of ?

Also, he enquired where's the best place to go shopping for trousers and shirts ( I'm summising he's either packed incorrectly for the MP, which I doubt cos he's a top lad and took lots of advice on board before he went and wont even step out of the house here in Sheffield unless he's wrapped in a label , or some of their luggage has gone missing and they need to restock ) I advised him of the shopping mall next to Pat O'Briens and also the one up near the big down town intersection, near the 0 KM mark but couldnt remember the name of either of them.. so therefore any suggestions would be gratefullyappreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers.

Ian :lol: :lol:

PS. Please ignore the signature.... I'm breaker baiting in other forums... :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love to help you, dahling, BUT ... that signature has me :evil:

(but I'm still eating the Cadbury! :D )

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Plaza Las Americas is the big mall that's kind of near KM0. The back of it is more or less kitty-corner from the bullring. The front of the mall is along Ave. Tulum sort of across from Sports City.

As for where to drink alone...I dunno. He might enjoy La Taberna on Yaxchilan but I'm not a bar person.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Rivergirl, but with directions of sorts. Plaza las Americas is a reasonably priced mall, a food court and a few slightly larger restaurants.

La Taberna opens about noon and is more or less a sports bar. If you want to treat him right you might also suggest Hooters. There is one downtown and also one across the street from Coco Bongo, near Slices that you mentioned.

I assume the Moon offers some sort of transportation off their resort. Whatever it is, take it to somewhere you can get a public bus. Take the R-1. Rivergirl mentions km 0 which is at the beginning of downtown. After passing km 0 the bus goes through one traffic light and makes a right at the second one. After the right get off at the either the first or second stop and cross the street. Look for Plaza Las Americas on the front of any number of buses for $4.5 or $5 Mxn or you can flag a cab for $18 Mxn which is about $1 GBP. A cab FROM the mall is $30 Mxn as it is what we call a "Sitio" or taxi stand and that is the simplest way to get to La Taberna from the mall.

I hope this helps a bit.

5. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your advice all, I've passed it on.

Ian :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice