Dress code in the resturants

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jeff6250, Mar 15, 2009.

1. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Just found a pair of all black nike air crosstrainers. Will these be acceptable in the " fancy " restaurants? :roll: Trying to size down and just get by with carry ons........ Thanks S & T

2. Ms.Lisa

Ms.Lisa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got home yesterday and found that men got away wearing dress shorts and sandals (not beach flipflops) in the ala carte restaurants. Having said this the restaurants are reasonably classy so it seems quite appropriate for long pants at least. I was just ticked about the closed shoes...damn things took up too much room in th suitcase.
    Hope this helps :wink:

3. the_mole

the_mole Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This has been a huge issue and understandably the hotel has gotten lots of complaints. It'll all be over if they rename Nice Shoes to Nice Close Toed Shoes. The first day the new rule went into play and we heard, we figured the gift shop had overstocked on mens pants and needed to get rid of them and found a way... but that wasn't it, and it's a rule thats gonna stick.

The rules are that in El Embarcadero they don't really push the dress code during the evenings. The other restaurants (Speciality Restaurants) they do enforce a dress code... and yes, for men, pants and a collared shirt, with close toed shoes.

On occasion, they have been known to move tables outside to accommodate guests who were not suitably dressed and had no alternatives - but it's not a guarantee. Many of the male guests just bring down a single pair of pants and wear them to dinner each night for the week. As far as the black Nike's... they usually turn away trainers...if you have loafers, I'd go for those.

Why the change? We were told by one of the hotel directors it was to raise the "star" level with Hotel Reviewers. Hotel Reviewers, who apparently don't have foot fetishes.

4. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Pants in the Asian for sure. There are tables outside the Italian if you are wearing shorts. The Seafood and Steakhouse (that is a stretch) are fine with shorts.

5. starydust

starydust Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my husband worn white sneakers and jeans and we had no problem going to dinner

6. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well the Asian restaurant is where we will eat at the most. So I guess I will be packing long pants and " nice shoes " :( Appreciate everyones responses...... S&T

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice