DRESS CODE AND RESERVATIONS AT DINNER

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by HIGHTOWERMORGAN, Jul 16, 2008.

1. HIGHTOWERMORGAN

HIGHTOWERMORGAN Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While I was navigating through this forum I noticed some talk regarding dress codes at the dinner restaurants. My wife was wondering if the restaurants are strict regarding the dress and shoes of the ladies? Are sandles ok for woman? Our other question is how difficult is it to make reservations for the restaurants? Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Cntrltxcpl

Cntrltxcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dress code is dress casual at all the restaurants. Slacks, jeans, buttoned/collared shirts for the men. Sexy casual for the women. I wore heels, or nice dressy sandals. If you are a premier member--just go to the RCI desk each morning at 10am for reservations that day. If you're not a member, you must go to Margarita's (the old Nice Shoes Bar) for reservations. I understand that people start lining up there around 9am, but they don't start until 10am.

Good luck and have a great time.

Teresa

3. massi2403

massi2403 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tended to go and queue up to reserve a table for dinner around 9:45am and there were usually 4 or 5 people waiting by then, but it only tended to take until about 10:10 or so to get things sorted.

My wife wore "dressy" flat sandals to the Village Wok and they had no problems with them, I didnt take the risk though and had shoes on every time we went to one of the restaurants.

Simon

4. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Were the restaurants demanding about long pants for the men ? It kills me to think about going to Cancun and packing long pants.

5. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YES! :evil:

When we were there they told you that long pants were a MUST! But I will say that the Seafood and the Tex mex let my guy eat in them with dressy shorts and a polo top. BUT The Asian and the Itailan were STRICT in wearing long pants. We missed out on the Asian but the Itailain is SO WORTH wearing pants! (try the bacon wrapped shrimp!)

6. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Dress

Well, I have been a bunch of times to Temptations and I can tell you that i have hardly ever worn pants to the restaurants, khaki shorts and a collared shirt or something along that line is all I wore and I was honestly never told I couldnt eat or that I had to change. Not saying it doesnt happen, just never happened to me.

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    The only thing worse than packing long pants is paying $37.50 for a pair of pants at the gift shop. They did fit, so it was not a total loss, but I am not sure I will ever wear them again. I may wear them in Cancun, but probably no where else.

You can eat outside at the Italian with shorts on. Probably hot as hades there in the summer.

8. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hey from your pic you look like a pretty big guy like me,if I can find a pair of pants that fit for 37.00 bucks at the gift shop I may have to do all my clothes shopping there !!! :p

9. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I think I got the last pair of size 40 at the gift shop. Actually with the string tie they would fit anywhere between about 32 to 46 :)

10. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    On our last trip in April, they were much more strict on the dress code, especially in the Italian restaurant. The men were not allowed to wear sandals at all. They made Todd put his running shoes on instead of sandals. How crazy is that!
    The women can get away with pretty much anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice