Dreams Cancun (formerly known as Camino Real) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good to know. This helps with my own considerations. Thanx!

2. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Trip report continued....A few random thought while I'm thinking about them. The resort does not use wrist bands to ID guests.They ask for your room # each time you return to the resort and at the bars and restaurants. Not sure how they keep track of everyone but the place is pretty well off the beaten track and hard to get to from other beaches.

Every night there was some sort of entertainment (comedian, singers, Carribean fiesta etc) until about 10 pm.After that not too much goning on. As with other resorts, the ent. staff sponsors trips to the various clubs. The lobby bar is open til 1am for drinks and conversation but no good music (after 10pm).We wished they at least had some piped in music (other than Yanni).There was a club, Azucar, next door which quests do not pay a cover and get 2 drinks each for free. We didn't try it so can't tell you much. There is also a Mexican restaurant next door that is not included in the AI. They really built it up to be authentic Mexican food/atmoshere but the people we talked to who went were not impressed.Again we didn't try it so don't know for sure.

Each room had a DVD player and you could borrow dvd's while you were there (also included).Our kid's brought some from home and also borrowed one.Great for that much needed down time.

Our one complaint/comment...towards the end of the week, the pool looked a little cloudy and had some stuff floating in it.Could be because they had 2 nights of Pool/Lagoon side entertainment which required a lot of man-power to set up and take down. The pool maintenance might have been neglected as a result.

That's all for now...I'm sure I'll think of more later.

3. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back last Wed, 16th from Dreams. It was amazing..appropriately names I'd say. Everything was top notch.

4. Trouble9

Trouble9 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Has anyone on this message board stayed there recently? Anything to add/suggest?

5. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love to , but I am hitting the RIU Caribe this time. The DREAMS was way too expensive for the week I am going. You will love it though. beautiful resort and the food is phenominal

6. CinciCouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We haven't been since last summer, but are going to be there 3/30-4/6 this spring. Absolutely LOVED this resort. PM if you have questions.

7. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anything new on this resort? We'll be there May 18th!! 34 more days!!!

8. sugaplum

sugaplum Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dreams

Anything new, I am going to be at this resort 30April-7May; I would like to know if anyone has any good or bad things to say about this resort.

9. CinciCouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Sorry took so long for a response....Really nothing had changed when we visited 3/30/07-4/6/07. Same great place!!! They are adding dolphins to the lagoon sometime within the next month or so. Very neat idea but I do have concerns as the lagoon still doesn't look deep enough for them (despite them digging it out and making it deeper). I'm also wondering if they will open their "swim with the dolphins" to visitors from other resorts. Could cause some issues with crowding around the pool/lagoon area for the guests staying at Dreams....guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We had a great time...teenagers and adults. Kids are 16 and 13 and they had plenty to keep them busy. Food was great, rooms very comfortable and the staff was awesome...everyone from the maids to the bartenders to the entertainment staff.See previous trip report from last year for details. Most if not all is still accurate.

PM if you have questions.

10. PaulAndDarcy

PaulAndDarcy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Am I seeing this right on the map? This place looks like it is right down there with all the nightlife places (Coco's CoC, Frogs).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice