Dreams Cancun (formerly known as Camino Real) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Dreams Cancun

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Dreams Cancun here.

Located at Km9 it is in the heart of the Hotel Zone and party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 20 minute bus journey away.

Check out more information, prices and availability with the following tour operators.

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Travel Center

2. syak

syak Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dreams cancun contact info

Is there any website for Dreams Cancun? Or at least a phone number? I tried caminoreal.com but I couldn't find the resort there. Thanks!

3. Brookers13

Brookers13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. alison912

alison912 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is Dreams ready for visitors?

My family is considering a trip to Dreams in Jan or Feb 2006. Is the resort OK after the Hurricane or should we wait?

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    According to their website, they should have reopened on 12/24/2005 after a few minor repairs. They should be fine.

6. ShootinBlanks

ShootinBlanks Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be down next weekend for 4 nights and I'm wondering what to expect from this resort? The reviews I have read are mixed, but it seems like the location is pretty nice for the strip. Surprisingly I just found this board after many visits to playa.info and others. This will be my first stay in the Cancun hotel zone and all inclusive for that matter. My wife did stay at Club Med years ago and wasn't too impressed with the resort, but stayed dirt cheap so I guess she got what she paid for. Since my wife and I are only down for 4 nights we thought we would try Dreams out and see what we think about staying right in Cancun. Thanks

7. palm

palm Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Secrets Excellence Resort - AI

:D My husband and I just got back January 28th from 6 nights at the Secrets Excellence Resort. We selected this hotel after reading about the Secrets Capri on this forum from Janie. She providing lots of great information with her trip reports and photos of the food etc. My husband planned our whole trip for our 25th anniversary and selected this resort after I showed him Janie's posts.

The resort is wonderful. Excellent food, great service, extremely clean and no one will try to sell you a time share. We had the Excellence Club also, which the only thing I liked about it was the more relaxed atmosphere at the pool. I think it would have been quieter with a spa view, which puts you farther away from the center of the action and the music. Our first night there we were a little tired from our drive from Chichen Itza (we spent two nights at Mayaland Hotel), so I was out early and the music distracted me.

Overall it was a great place to stay, but having never been to the Cancun area before, or at an all inclusive resort, we decided next time we'd want to be closer to Playa del Carmen. I like being able to walk to town instead of the 250 pesos taxi drive each way. The resort offered shuttle service to Playa del Carmen at their posted times and returns, which just didn't work with our plans, as we went to Cozumel one night to do some diving.

No one was in the water there, although it looked beautiful to me. I'm a Northern California diver, so a little sea grass is nothing. But, it was very windy this last week while we were there so we didn't venture into the ocean from our beach.

I haven't seen anyone in this forum posts anything about the Secrets Excellence, so thought I'd let everyone know about it. It's just like Secrets Capri, only bigger.

Thanks Janie for your excellent posts.

8. Charlotte

Charlotte Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How was it?

Did you end up going to Dreams? How was it? We are going in June, and I really liked how it was a great place, yet next to all of the hype, instead of in it.

Eagerly awaiting response~ Charlotte

9. HMGF

HMGF Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dreams Cancun May 3rd-8th.

My boyfriend and I will be at Dreams 5/3-5/8...anyone else going to be there? We'd love to meet, party, and dine with some new people! ~Heather

10. chhiicckk

chhiicckk Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll be at Dreams May 11-18

It's our first trip and we can't wait!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice