Dragon Mart

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jun 11, 2011.

1. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ,

I believe it will be a little while before I'm back. I will contact you when coming back. I think that I can take care of your problem regarding the mustard.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wbooopeee.
    Thanks Steve

3. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very impressive rendition of Dragon Mart Cancun if you search this on youtube!

4. perceived beauty

perceived beauty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dragon Mart Links

[ame=]dragon mart cancun final - YouTube

[ame=]Dragon Mart CancĂșn - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  5. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So after reading these posts over and over, and now watching the videos, I am still confused why this is being built. Is there seriously a market for this stuff? I mean, even today, China is producing products that are harming and even killing people and pets. I for one will NEVER go here, and the tourist I talk to, won't even go to La Isla or Market 28. They aren't gonna go to a massive Chinese Mall.

What a way to kill precious forests!!!

6. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only criticism I agree with is the destruction of forest, although quite a few other, local and foreign companies, do that but in WAY larger scale than Dragon Mart. Puerto Cancun being one of the later examples: "Oh, its against Mexican federal law to kill Mangrove..." Show enough cash and it can be done, unfortunately.

So whom will go to Dragon Mart? Quite a few people, I believe. Cheap stuff always attracts hordes of people.

I have a feeling that a poor family will happily pay 10-??% less for a Flatscreen TV at Dragon Mart than in Wal Mart, Chedraui or similar.

Money talks...

I will definitively have a look when it opens. Considering I avoid Wal Mart like the plague after their latest BS(thanks for T.J. for the info on those dirt-bags), I have a feeling that I could very well find some stuff that I could find useful. Seems like most of my stuff(mainly electronics) are made and/or assembled in China anyways...

China has and will have their fair share of scandals(accidental or not...), but they are hardly alone. The latest one that affected "me" was Kirkland Signature's contaminated dog food, that caused the death of 3 dogs that belongs to a friend in the US. Good thing Mexican COSTCO did NOT import that batch... The local COSTCO didnt even know anything about it until I called them to check their facts. They promised a returned call- Ill let everyone on the forum guess if that phone call ever was returned, lol.

The bottom line: Put a red price-tag on a moose-turd and people will pay for it, hehe ;)

Ps. If they have a restaurant that serves above decent veggie-spring rolls, then Ill be there a couple of times/month...

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Dragon Mart is intended to function as an attraction, and a means by which to increase sales of Chinese products to all of Latin and South America. It's development coincides with the implementation of Mexico's agreement, required by WTO, to remove punitive duties on Chinese imports, which was supposed to occur last year. I can find no evidence this has yet occurred, but will perhaps, soon.

As T.J., and others would like, hopefully among the Chinese entrepreneurs who make their way west will be some skillful restauranteurs. Just being Chinese doesn't guarantee you can cook.

8. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Probably they are attempting to get their bribery budget determined before moving forward.

10. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - now that was funny

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice