Downtown hotel Gallerias Maya?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Shari, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Shari

Shari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask this, but I'm trying to find out about a hotel I stayed at long ago. I'm finally planning a return trip to Cancun but can not locate any info on a hotel which was once called Gallerias Maya. I believe it was on the north side of Claveles, toward the back away from Ave Tulum. It was a nice clean inexpensive hotel with a roof top pool.

Does anyone know if this hotel still exists or perhaps has been renamed? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shari

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. Shari

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry, but it wasn't Antillano or Carrillos. Looking at some maps it may have been across the street from Carrillo's.

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is there a Radisson Hacienda Cancun on Claveles as well?

5. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Final attempt: Located a "Club Penthouse" that appears to be a gay strip club...claims to be located at Galerias Maya on 7 Claveles. No contact information found on either the club nor the hotel. Found a map that approximates the location (present or former) of the hotel:
    http://mapserver.inegi.gob.mx/geografia/espanol/estados/qroo/imgs23/canc.pdf

Also found a post-hurricane Wilma government report that indicates the Galerias Maya...was not in operation at the time? No "functional" rooms...
    http://sedetur.qroo.gob.mx/evaluaci...NCUN/cancun_hoteles_FORMATO DE EVALUACION.pdf

Also, if a strip club had been hosted at the hotel they probably would have been run out of business as there was a push recently to remove these kinds of businesses from the city centre. At least, that's what I understood from other threads in this forum :?

6. Shari

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the research! That is the location on the map. Sounds like even if it does still exist, it is no longer the kind of place I really want to stay at. Thanks again for the help!

Shari

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice