double room vs double superior vs twin superior??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ssessa, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ssessa

ssessa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am on Alpharooms looking at rates and it gives us the option of three different room types. Can you tell me what the difference is?

Thanks! :D
    Lisa

We will be there 7/5-7/10
    Just so bummed we are going to miss the Booze cruise!!!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've been asked this a few times. Must admit I don't know 100% for sure but this is my take on it.

Once you remove all the new special suites "Drops of Love" + others (whatever they are called) then there are really only two types of room classifications at Temptations, as there was at BBG. Most providers call them either "Superior Garden View", or "Superior Ocean View".

As many know I'm from the UK (and Alpharooms are a UK company, selling primarily to the UK market). In the UK, using the word "superior" implies there is another option that is "inferior", so rather than using the superior word in all cases and to avoid misrepresentation I feel they are trying to draw a distinction between the better rooms than the regular rooms.

I am pretty sure that:
    A "double room" means a "superior garden view" i.e a regular room
    A "superior double room" means a "superior ocean view room" i.e a better room.
    A twin room means a room with two double beds as opposed to one kingsize.

I'd be interested to hear from people who have booked in the past with alpharooms regarding what they booked and what they got.

3. Kat & Greg

Kat & Greg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We were there in May and got the cheapest room through Alpharooms and we were given a standard room with a kingsize bed.

We were right next to the quiet pool and the room was very nice.

If that helps.

4. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Rooms

We booked our April trip through Alpha,and our upcoming Oct trip with them a swell.We have always asked for the lowest price room available and have always been happy with the result.we have had both a king single room,or a double room,with and without an ocean view.All our previous bookings with other travel companies we have requested the same way and have always been happy with the outcome.Our opinion is we sleep and shower in the room,the fun is at the sexy pool!!! Just to add,the one time we were booked facing the front(street)we asked to be moved and we were given a different room no questions asked.Have a blast at TTR!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice