Dos Playas *** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're welcome, and Happy Early Birthday.

2. royale

royale Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont get why people complain so much about the food at the hotels. I have honestly never ate at the hotel. My plan is to stock up on the frozen meals from the walmart in town. Just gotta take the bus down there, dont be so lazy. Also the street tacos arent that bad.. :)

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any new reviews on this hotel?

4. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if you get a fridge in the rooms?

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no there is not a fridge in the room

6. royale

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    aww sucks.. so much for the frozen burritos idea!

7. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed there this march for spring break 2009

OK, first off there are ALOT of english, seeing as its one of 3 (?) hotels in the thomas cook brochure. After going past all the magnificent hotels, first impressions were not good lol. There are several blocks of rooms, and reception is seperate. I think they are 3 or 4 storeys high. Oh, dont be sick on any linin in your room, you get fined $60 lol. We will stay here next year, for us the atmosphere and staff outweigh the basic food and room, plus the £760 we paid for 2 weeks AI is a good deal. U get what u pay for!!

Anyway i will list good and bad points below

GOOD

The entertainment team, karen, marco etc are amazing, there are games all day round the pool, they go to a diff club each night and take u in a mini bus, you get VIP entry and section, bottles of vodka etc. THE BEST

The staff, alot of very good people here, reception are lovely, guards are ok, and bar/restaurant staff very friendly and sweet, oo and the maids seem nice. Tip them!

The beach and sea, clean, not to rough sea, i liked it. Alot of mexicans in the sea try to sell u weed, avoid!! lol

The breakfast, i liked the scrambled eggs and pancakes

The pool, nice and clean! lol

They have the internet

BAD

Our room wasnt the best.. single beds and no balcony, noisy air con. Other rooms we saw were huge and had a king size bed (between 2 boys lol) balcony etc

Food in general, not as good as other hotels we have stayed at. People complain about the food because u pay for all inclusive, so u dont want to have to pay to eat elsewhere!! We found if you stick to chips, rice, steak, pork and ribs, and veg, ur fine. The boys all got upset stomachs but they ate alot of everything

Not many American boys :lol:

8. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How come you got to tour other rooms??????!!!!

eeeeeee

:-o

9. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha! we needed to borrow sunlotion, and things? :-o

10. NadStar

NadStar Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed in Dos Playas March 2009 as well!

Had to be moved room straight away because we got one that was alone by itself right at the front and it didnt seem safe at all! They moved us which was good to a better location.

Heard quite a few bad things about things being stolen from rooms etc. Personally I tried to sleep in whilst the cleaners came in and we had no problems.

The food was terrible I am fussy but i didnt eat a main meal ONCE! The snack bar was ok in the day time so I stocked up from that and just had bread for breakfast.

Yes the entertainment team were good Karen was great! had an issue one night but except from that was DECENT!

The hotel was FULL of English and 90% lads so I wont be staying here again! The guards also charge you if you try and bring a girl back in, then harras you in your room to get them to leave or give them more money to go away for a bit longer! I dont know if this is standard practice at other hotels?

The location is great easy to get into town bus or taxi.

Overall if you want a cheap option which for the party side is great then this is it, personally I am going to be spending more if I go in 2011 and enjoy cancun a bit more!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice