Dos Playas *** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. JessinMN

JessinMN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yep I stayed here in July of this year. I had a great time...you don't get the frills of the big resorts, but it was perfect for us. Our room was tiny but who cares, we just slept there. The food was very edible and the drinks were strong. The place was very clean. I enjoyed the staff as well!! If you want pictures let me know.

Jess

2. Heidi&Michelle

Heidi&Michelle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Warning : Do Not Stay Here!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE! The food is a crap buffet that gets reheated from lunch for dinner and has flys sucking on it all day. The eggs are undercooked and usually have shell served in them. They do not understand what vegetarian is, numerous people got sick whilst we were staying here, we ate out every night. There is not enough seating in the resturant and not enough sunbeds. The drinks are watered down and served in plastic cups and the bar closes at 22:30. Many rooms are like prison cells and smell really bad. Air con doesnt work properly if at all. We stayed xmas and new year 2006/07 and wished we had stayed at home! The staff were rude and unhelpful and the more you complain the ruder they are! You are not shown around on arrival. The flooring outside is only suitable if you wear flat shoes. Fat Tuesays next door has closed down! There was building work going on by the small bit of beach by Dos Playas. The walls are paper thin and you can hear conversations in the surrounding rooms. You are lucky if the internet in reception is working and if they have enough phone cards in the shop. The safes are kept in the reception area so you have to wait for a member of staff to assist you. The entertainment is crap! 11Peso per min charge to call your holiday rep to complain! (60p). If you cant change you booking make sure you fill out a complaint form whilst you are still there. The people that say they enjoyed their stay here must be off their heads, its a compleat dive, prison cell hell hole! :evil:

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Re: Warning : Do Not Stay Here!!!

wow, thats a first! enjoyed my stay there very much, although it was back in 2001!

4. Heidi&Michelle

Heidi&Michelle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dos playas ....cont

apparently we have read it was under different management until about a year or so ago . god knows what happened .... . We have had a really bad time . We ended up in Macdonalds on Christmas day ( the day after we got there ) eating french fries and an apple pie , nearly in tears and wishing we had stayed at home and eaten sprouts for Christmas dinner ! My friend is a Vegetarian and could hardly eat any of the food here , they don't understand what VEGETARIAN means , paper plates with plain cooked pasta is not a vegetarian meal , and certainly not enough to sustain someone for 2 weeks ! I do eat meat but not when i see BIG fat juicy mosquito's sucking on it , i refuse to eat it . Even more so when i saw one of the guys from the kitchen putting the bread that had been laid out for breakfast 2 hours previously and had flies all over it , putting it back into the bread bag and taking it back to the kitchen . they looked at us like we were ungrateful . In England we have the Food Standards Agency who would have field day in this hotel and close it immiediatly without a doubt . Watered down Orange Juice .... gross ! We went to Walmart every other day and gorged ourselves on donuts and fresh fruit , it was one of the highlights of our holiday !
    People who had children with them , the child was sitting there with just a plate of INSTANT MASH ( and you can tell when it has come from a packet ! ) with flies all on it swirling a fork in it , we gave them an apple and one of our donuts , well his smile said it all !
    We have both come home half a stone lighter , we laugh about it now and call it the Dos Playas Diet . But seriously ... my Christmas and New Year has been ruined .

5. BagOfSand

BagOfSand Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure a 2.5 star mexican hotel is the best place if your looking for great food and good vegetarian meals. Also if you were looking for entertainment at your resort you really should have forked over a few hundred more dollars to stay at a place known for it.

6. bigdickcadillac

bigdickcadillac Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes exactly. someone else please post something good about dos playas who has been thurr lately

7. Tommy

Tommy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im staying there 18th march - 1st april and from doing some research it dont seem as bad as heidi&michelle make out, heres a review i found on trip advisor, and they stayed there december 2006 over new year, the same time as heidi&michelle:

Dos Playas was amazing. We were worried that it wouldn't be that good becuase it was only a 2 1/2 star resort but when we got there the resort was really beautiful. The rooms were clean and the food was really good as well. Everyday the buffet has different food and it was very fresh so don't worry about it being terrible. The staff was soooooooo nice to us the whole time we were there and they were very friendly. And there were NO crocidiles theres only a cute little iguana that walks around. The poola nd restauarant are literally right on the beach. The water was also really good alittle rocky but overall not bad. I advise anyone that stays at this resort to go to as many clubs possible. we wnet to a club every night and theres 3 guys there that arrange all of the entertainment and they're really nice and they take u to all of the best clubs in Cancun.. Believe me the clubs are crazeeeeeee down there. Overall fort he money the resort was very good....I do not have any major complaints at all.

heres the link to some dos playas reviews:

http://cancun-hotels.tripadvisor.co...os_Playas_Hotel-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

8. bigdickcadillac

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah i refresh that page daily. i hope it good dude

9. Chantelle

Chantelle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im Staying there from the july 8Th- july 22nd 2007.
    And i ive read and heard nothing but good reports.
    But i will give my feedback when i do return
    xxx

10. bigdickcadillac

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we just got back from our Canadian reading week vacation and stayed at the Dos Playas in Cancun. Obviously Cancun was amazing and as beautiful as ever so theres no point in talking about that.

The hotel was o.k., but don't go into it thinking your getting anymore then a 2.5 star hotel or you will be disapointed. the beach is nice and theres lots of chairs and places to lay on the beach, the people and bartenders are really good and the location of the hotel is awesome, I walked home from coco bongos one night and took me maybe 40 minutes... i would not suggest this at all but i was so drunk i didn't care and had no money for a bus or a cab. theres 3 small pools we never went in and 2 small bars. the rooms are fine, nothing crazy but just fine... the first night we had to stay in a total shithole of a place but they later moved us the next day to a much nicer room.

biggest downfall of this hotel is that the food is DISGUSTING like theres nothing at all to eat... chicken was not chicken it was some sort of just shit.. and so went for the beef and all that stuff.. we ate pizza and went out alot which ended up costing alot but it was worth it.

If you looking to save money and just going to get drunk and fuck people, the hotel gate guy would let anyone in, he just sits and reads his book.. then this place is for you... but don't go and expect to get any better then a 2.5 star

oh and go see pablo or rico (he's black as midnight) they will hook you up with the best clubs at a good price and they will block off some tables for you, I was very impressed with these guys.

Cheers and pour one out for me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice