Dos Playas *** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Crown Paradise Hotel

Hi all, I'm booked for a quick vacation in February to stay at the Crown Paradise Hotel. Does anyone know how this hotel is doing or has anyone stayed there in the not too distant past. Any information would be helpful. Thanks...Jaki

2. Dogtrainer

Dogtrainer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    maybe try posting that message in the crown paradise Hotel Thread LOL

Just a thought buddy LOL :lol:

3. AUSDOWD

AUSDOWD Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good advice Dogtrainer! Hehe :wink:

Any one have any info regarding the status of this hotel after the hurricane etc...? rebuilding, finished?

Cheers,
    ~Adam.

4. sfcretbb

sfcretbb Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recent review ....Just got back from Cancun 2/24/06-03/03/06

Dos Playas is fine for the economy minded traveler. It has a nice beach area. The food is mediocre but edible. The booze is just fine.
    I was suprised at the room size( we went with another couple and their room was much smaller) perhaps it was a reward for walking up and down the stairs to the 3rd floor. (no elevators) They don't provide bottled water even though they say "we don't reccomend you drink the tap water"
    There is a water cooler at the restaurant that you can refill the water bottles you buy. Bring an alarm clock (none in room) no ironing boards available. ( We brought a travel iron, they only have one iron for the entire hotel) Fat Tuesdays is right next door but if you are over 25 you'll feel out of place. Not enough beach chairs or umbrellas foer guests.(You have to get up before sunrise and stake you claim with beach towels to get a good spot. The cleanliness of the bar is questionable (saw the bar tender washing and reusing drinking straws) :lol: :( Cancun is a beautiful place and we will most likely visit again, but probably not at Dos Playas. It is a 1 1/2 star facility at best but it did the trick this time. You get what you pay for.

5. katy2

katy2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any pics?

Does anyone have any current pictures of Dos Playas? I have read mixed reviews about the place, but I really think it will be ok. Also, any suggestions on which building or room to stay in? We are going May 20th to May 24th.

Thanks!

6. sfcretbb

sfcretbb Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dos Playas 24 Feb 06 - 3 Mar 06

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLa...post_signin=Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Ux=0

If this link works then there are a couple recent photos of Dos Playas.
    Keep in mind that you get what you pay for, if you want a 4 star hotel you'll have to pay probably twice or more than you are paying for DP.
    If you are more concerned with the beaches and other activities in Cancun and are looking for a place to eat free(drink free too!) and sleep
    then DP is not that bad. As for buildings We had one which a had view of the laggon/bay and the ocean, but it was on the 3rd floor with no elevators.Definetly get an ocean view room.
    Enjoy your trip, we really did.

7. yochuck

yochuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dos Playas

Can anyone tell me what kind of alcohol they serve. Is it mystery draft beer or can you get actual bottles? Thanks!

8. Tommy

Tommy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me and two friends are staying at the dos playas march 18th - april 1st 2007. i stayed at the caribbean princess in 2005 and we had problems bringing people back to our rooms at night if we wanted to. does anyone know if this problem will arise at the dos playas or if theres a way round it.
    cheers

9. BagOfSand

BagOfSand Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey we're staying here in february and I was wondering if anyone has been lately. This hotel was a lot cheaper than anything else and I'm wondering why. On TripAdvisor it doesn't have bad ratings at all. What is the dealio here?

10. bigdickcadillac

bigdickcadillac Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey crazy, I'm staying there in February as well... also looking for some recent comments about this hotel... including how late the bar is open and if its a party hotel full of young hooligans??? cause that would be fantastic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice