Don't stay at the Oasis Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rated_SiR, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Allsport916

Allsport916 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay,

Kewl that helps alot. We are in the process of lookin through possible hotels. How does one hook up and party with cancun care? Steve seems like he knows about the party spots. I was lookin through the site and it really seems like some kinda club or something. And I always have to be apart of the kewl people club. Haha.

2. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Okay,

:lol: that made me laugh

Steve always puts a up a planned party event when there is going to be a good sized group down, for example, spring break, and in May...when the the BBG (blue bay getaway) reunion is. Other than that, you might can hang out with him at a local bar downtown, I did once...and it was a blast. I think I got back around 4am?

BBG May reunion is wild...

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Just so everyone knows...there is no BBG Reunion this year.

Due to soem things that occured last year there is not one planned this year so there won't be any special CC events during that time as there have been in the past.

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry the hotel sucked, it seems like the Oasis gets more and more bad reports - did you enjoy the rest of Cancun?
    I don't see how people can complain about all inclusive hotels not allowing non guests in the hotel - why should hotels provide services and drinks etc for people who don't pay - ie if everyone has a wrist band they can see that they have paid for drinks / food etc. How can you expect a non guest to be allowed in the hotel when they haven't paid for anything?

5. Rated_SiR

Rated_SiR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The rest of Cancun was a great time. I'd go back, although now that I've been there it probably won't be my first choice.

On the subjects of wristbands, if an all inclusive hotel wants to check for wristbands at a restaurant or bar, that's fine. When they check for wristbands at the door and in hallways, that's another thing. No respectable hotel will disallow non-guests from entering a room (or the lobby for that matter) when accompanied by a paying patron to the point where they monitor the place like a prison.

6. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I forgot all about that....thanks for clarifying Karan!!!

7. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Part of the reason has to do with liability and insurance. With alcohol, pools, beaches and everything else all in one place, there are a lot of ways for someone to get hurt.

The other thing is that the paying guests at an all inclusive should not have to share pool space, facilities, seating areas or whatever else with people who are not paying to use them. I know I would be pretty pissed off if I were a guest at an all-inclusive and was denied a seat at the pool because a non-guest was sitting there.

I know you are talking more or less about having guests in your room. But, it is easier for the hotel to enforce a general rule rather than dealing with exceptions to it all the time.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Absolutely not true.

At all inclusives non paying guests are permitted in the lobby. No further and certainly not in the rooms.

9. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    point

i thought i would tell you a little story about our all inclusive hotel last year.. A group of very nice boys :lol: met some NOT very nice girls in a club in cancun, they thought it would be a good idea to smuggle them into the hotel, woke up in the morning to find all there money ,valuables and credit cards gone...EVEN where i live in a tourist resort the hotels(not all inclusive) do not allow guests into bedrooms for this reason SECURITY.

10. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i just returned from cancun yesterday. i stayed at the oasis and regretted it. i would not stay there again. you can stay at a much nicer hotel, with nicer people, in a better location for a much better price.

not only are the rooms terrible, the kids that stay there make it even worse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice