Don't stay at the Oasis Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rated_SiR, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Rated_SiR

Rated_SiR Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got back from the Oasis a few days ago. Debba9802's pics of the hotel are pretty much bang on except for the fact that they have finished painting the exterior. The pics can be viewed here:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EaM3DJo4aN1Y

First off, I will say that the pool area of the hotel is very nice. The rooms however are nothing short of horrendous. There was very little hot water. In fact there was none -- it was luke warm at best and sometimes stone cold. The toilet overflowed as did the bathtub. The service is terrible. Our phone didn't work (the cord was ripped). When a phone tech came to replace it, he stole my cell phone off the table. In addition, the cleaning staff left our room door open one day. Totally ridiculous. Oh, and if you're considering using the "safe" in your room... don't bother. You're better off locking your stuff up in your suitcase as I'm sure the safe can be cracked open with a screwdriver.

You cannot eat at the "nice" restaurants unless you're staying at the Grand Oasis or have a purple wristband indicating that you're 27 or older. On the topic of wristbands, don't lose yours or you'll be expected to pay $100 USD to replace it. As mentioned, they are anal about wristbands all over the hotel. I found not being able to bring people back to the hotel completely absurd.

The convenience store in the lobby did not have change most of the time. How difficult is it to go to the bank and get a bunch of different bills so people will be able to break 100 or 200 peso bills?

I strongly discourage anyone from staying here. Although it is the "party hotel" of Cancun, the hotel itself is a dump. It is touted as a 4 star, but in my experience, it would be a stretch to call it a 2 star, and that's not an exaggeration. Next time I'm staying at the Riu.

2. Allsport916

Allsport916 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,

that was very helpful. Thank you. Where would you recommend a group of three girls and three guys heading down there in June to stay? We are all in our 20's and wanna get some crazy started.

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you want to mix with the "summer breakers", check out the Breakers Forum. The Spring Breakers are on holiday right now and will be coming back with pics, trip reports and fresh answers for your questions. There are a few summer breakers already popping up on that board, too. Welcome aboard :)

4. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oasis Cancun definitely looks like a hole.
    I wouldn't stay there myself...

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Oasis is a dump and has been for some time, you can do a search on the internet to see the thousands of bad reviews. The only good ones are either fakes or written by people that were $%itface drunk the whole time they stayed there.

6. Allsport916

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha,

Yeah I guess my buddy was wanting us to stay at the Oasis. Good thing I saw this forum. They do make it sound pretty kewl. I went to cancun a few years back before joining the military and stayed at the Aqua Marina. Whatever happened to that place?

7. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    aquamarina

the aqua marina is still up and running, i just got home and stayed next door to it last week xx

8. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed at the Oasis last year. I will never stay there again. Just not for me.
    We had roaches, the balcony door was broken and was never fixed. the furniture was old and it just wasnt a nice place to stay. The pool and the grounds were the only nice thing about that hotel. everything else including the food, service, etc. not good at all.

9. Allsport916

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Umm,

I see alot of comments on where not to stay. Where would people go back to?

10. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Umm,

me?
    anything owned by Palace Resorts
    anything owned by Barcelo
    anything owned by RIU

yes, I've been to all of those, some more than once.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice