Donating old eyeglasses?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Mar 13, 2008.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Both in Florida and New York, there are organizations that accept the donation of old eyeglasses for redistribution to the needy. Because of recent cataract surgery, I am now free of eyeglasses for the first time since i was 3 years old. I have lots of old pairs of glasses that I'd hate to see just thrown out. Is there a similar organization in Mexico, and if so, are they represented in Cancun?

2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La casa de la Alegría is an altruist organization, they build a mini city outside Cancun and attend eldery, single mothers and street kids.

They accept every kind of help and that is where my family takes stuff like clothes that do not fit, prescription drugs that we do not use anymore, eyeglasses, etc.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks

Muchos gracias, Ana.

4. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats on your glasses-free vision!

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, congrats on going glasses free, I had lasik 5 years ago and haven't looked back (haha).

Caritas (which has a drop off location downtown and another just inside the gate at Ciudad de la Alegría) will probably take your old glasses as a donation. Caritas will take almost anything, they will take old clothes, old furniture, construction materials, old books, they even take money!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice