Dominican Resort Property Pics

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jnine, Apr 21, 2020.

1. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,832 / 3
    I am thinking guest use of the beach at this property will be pretty limited. The first obstacle is the river, and although you may be able to find a way around or over it, once there I noticed something else from Google maps. This beach is open to vehicle traffic. There is even a street that comes out on the beach on the west side of Coco Loco next door. Looking at user submitted photos from places to either side you can see cars, motorcycles, scooters, etc, on the beach. It is open to the public and I suspect there are times it is heavily used. The reason I think this is, this property is not out in the sticks. It's less than a half mile from the town of Miches, and the main beaches that border the town are narrow, and appear to be mostly stone. This is one of the few with a wide section of sand, although the sand is firm enough to drive on. The leads me to believe that the local residents are inclined to use this beach when they want a beach day, and I don't blame them. Maybe the river in front is a good thing so our sexy shenanigans don't upset the locals.

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Kyle, thx for the model picture - I took yours and merged it(in perspective) with my most recent Google Earth Pro imagery
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    The river wont be an obstacle, looks like you can wade right through it like the locals are doing. I do agree that it looks like a popular locals spot with vehicle traffic. But things have a way of changing in areas where resorts are developed. We would try DR for the beach, if the beach is meh, then we probably wont go. ..and ...because it probably wont get finished anyway.
    Its already a year late from proposed opening.
    Breathless had promised a new resort opening in 2018 on the south side of Playa Del Carmen but it never happened. It was a grand design, beautiful, had the land and everything. It s now off their website. And AM resorts is a significantly larger company with more resources that Original. If the DR resort wasn't doomed before the Covid crisis, it is now, months of their existing resorts being vacant will take a while to financially recover from.

Best laid plans...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice