Dominican Republic...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Ian, Sep 16, 2008.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OF COURSE, SWEETIE!!!! [​IMG]

2. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I dont blame 'em Janie 'cos Im f'ing brilliant I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol: :lol:

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I KNOW!!!! [​IMG]

4. PA PROUD

PA PROUD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IAN I WOULD TAKE DOLLARS. THE ACCENT YOU WILL IN CONTROL. THERE IS FEWER AMERICANS THAN ANYONE. HAVE A GREAT TRIP. I HAVE 130 DAYS TO WAIT.

5. soccerscott15

soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ian-

Been 3 times; twice to Puerto Plata, and first time this Aug. to Punta Cana. Not many Yanks frequent the DR, by the way. Oh- I couldn't find a decent football match on anywhere (the place I stayed was close to your hotel). You'll have good weather most likely though (don't ever go in August- too hot).
    Bring dollars/pounds. The ATM's don't always work, so you cannot always get money on demand.

6. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheer's for the advice folks....

Proper looking forward to it now, especially as it's a freebie ( well, it's only only cost me £80 / $140 name change admin fee on the tickets ) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ian :lol:

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome!

I have a friend who went to Punta Cana over the summer. Sure looks beautiful! Cheers to you for a great trip!!!

8. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never heard that one before but thanks Carrie :lol: :lol:

Ian :lol:

9. Boxy

Boxy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went to Puerta Plata for my sisters wedding.

Not that many American's. More brits than anything, also quite a few Germans.

We took Dollars, you can easily change them over there at your hotel desk and also one dollar bills are best for tipping.

We found a bar about 2 mile from our hotel to watch the England V Macedonia game in the last qualifying campaign. You can get footie on over there but it's only on american channels unless you find a very good booser with one HUGE satellite dish.

Enjoy the Brugal rum, gutted you can't get that stuff over here. Try the Brugal 151 is you dare, they don't allow you to legally bring it back due to how strong it is!

Enjoy the sun, just make sure your back inside come 6pm when you get your daily tropical storm :D

10. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers for the advice. I dont suppose you can remember the name of the bar can you as there's two England qualifiers on whilst were out there.

Wooo Hoo, three more days :lol:

Ian :lol: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice