Dolphin Swim Questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Bubba's Other Mistress, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Bubba's Other Mistress

Bubba's Other Mistress Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone, we will be storming Cancun & BBG in just 14 days, and we can't stand it, we are all so excited.

I want to swim with the dolphins while I am there, and will do this on Isla Mujeres. My question is, has anyone done the Royal Swim and the Swim Adventure? If so, I would like to get feedback on each one. I want a setting in which I have time to interact with the dolphins, and to really be able to take in the moment. I understand the Royal Swim is all about action & speed, which is not specifically what I want out of the swim.

If anyone has any feedback, recommendations or anything, I would appreciate it.

Woo hoo! :michaelf: :cool:

2. Bubba

Bubba Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's my girl!

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    The best one I've heard of is the Dolphin Experience on Isla Mujures. Hands down has the best reviews from folks that have gone there. The second would be the one at Water World.

Jamie

4. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we had little ones with us when we did it....it was like 65.00'ish a person...I think they called it Dolphin Encounter....

basically we got in the water....alongside on a 'platform sidewalk' that is underwater...that is about 3 feet deep. The trainer shows some tricks of the dolphin and has him/her swim up and down the line of people on the platform, where you can touch him/her...teaches you some hand signals...one makes him spit water at you...then you go out into the water...in a group circle...and the dolphin swims in and out between you all around the circle. Then each person got a chance to have the dolphin come up and 'kiss' them while they took the photo that you could buy later. They do videotape/dvd all of it, they edit it (because they taped the whole experience) , add music...and you can purchase it before you leave.

I would say we were in the water about 30 minutes total.

If I were to do it again...I would do the royal swim. Looked more fun to me...however, we didn't have that option because we had our two daughters, they were about to turn 4 and 8 at the time. And the part I left outta the story...they screamed bloody murder the entire time...husband had to get them outta the water before it was all over and watch from outta the water, I stayed in....nope, not scared of the dolphins...they were scared of the little sergeant major yellow/black striped perch-like fish that were swimming in a school around the dolphin. :roll:

5. Bubba's Other Mistress

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, thanks for the info! Sounds like it was interesting for you, kids always make it that way! lol lol

Where did you do the swim?

Here is the challenge that I am having- this is one of the "To Do's" on my life list, so I want it to be what I envision. I am looking for a swim that is exciting, but also allows me to feel the connection that I think I will feel. Does that make sense? While the Royal Swim looked good, it sounded like it was all about the speed and "stunts", and that is not excactly what I am looking for.

If you have any more info as to where you went, I can research more from there.

Thanks again for your help! :cdncat:

6. Bubba

Bubba Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........................WUHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Bubba's Other Mistress

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You know it, baby!

Drink on! :daveandmo:

8. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we did it at Isla Mujeres ...Dolphin Discovery...I believe they have all of the booking info on their website.

When Steve, the site owner, come back online (he's moving to a new house, hasn't got internet hooked up yet, so is in/out when he can) he did the royal swim at Isla Mujeres same place as me...he could tell you more about it...in fact, let me do a reserach...I think he wrote about it on here maybe.

9. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    also, steve has another site http://www.swim-dolphins-cancun.com/ that you can click on the various locations that offer the dolphin swims....most people enjoy the one at Isla Mujeres the most though...seems more natural since its right on the shoreline/open ocean

10. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    okay, I'll stop posting after this one..hahaha

I looked at Steve's other site...and I clicked on the one offered at Isla...and the Swim Adventure looks like what you would be interested in....copy and pasted here, because it was in a pop up window, no link:

Swim Adventure Description:
    Definately swimming with dolphins is one of the best Cancun (Isla Mujeres) activities, simply UNFORGETTABLE!

Become dolphin´s best friend. Enjoy a dolphin handshake, kiss, belly-ride. Enjoy spontaneous moments in your free time together. Put on your mask and snorkel and get amazed with their speed and spiral swim

Group size is limited to 10 people to ensure that you have a very personal experience

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice