dolly?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by angels_among_us, Jul 21, 2008.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am at the hotel in Dallas flying out to Cancun today but I thought i heard something on the news that Dolly is hitting Cancun today? Did I hear that right?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    you did hear right!! Tropical Storm dolly is directly over cancun, hopefully flights are going in and out........... I think you should be ok!

-- A tropical storm warning remained in effect Monday as Tropical Storm Dolly moved over Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula.

Tropical Storm Dolly, here at 5:15 a.m. ET Monday, could become a hurricane by Tuesday, forecasters say.

Dolly has spurred storm warnings from the Mexico-Belize border northward to the city of Campeche, on the opposite side of the Yucatan Peninsula. The warning encompasses the tourist resort of Cancun.

At 5 a.m. ET Monday, the storm was about 150 miles (240 kilometers) east of Progreso, Mexico.

The National Hurricane Center said the storm is moving northwest at about 15 mph (24 kph) and is expected to cross the Yucatan Peninsula and enter the Gulf of Mexico later Monday.

By Tuesday, Dolly could become a hurricane, the hurricane center reported.

Meanwhile, forecasters dropped warnings for the North Carolina coast after Tropical Storm Cristobal began turning away from land. Storm warnings that had been posted for the North Carolina coast were lifted Sunday night

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dolly is past Cancun now. And it was pretty much a non-event here. The rain came in bands, so the city's storm drains had time to keep up with the water and we had no flooding that I know of. From what I saw Dolly brought no more rain that our average un-forecasted tropical shower.

If it caused storm surge that will mean some beach erosion I imagine.

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Flying out of DFW, the only problem might be having to fly around dolly a little bit. Might keep you in the air a little longer.

5. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are at the airport now flying out in a hour or so. We just also heard it has past cancun. Woo hoo!

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, it's gone now.

A few rumbles of thunder and occasional rain, but it will only get better from hereon.

7. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dolly??? :shock:

I am just back to Cancun, I have heard of nothing :roll: , we just awfully danced for a few minutes while approaching.... and my apartment is a bit flooded. First time in ages that I don't have a connection.

How great life is without internet :lol: No need to worry, everyhting runs fine here!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice