Dogs, wild and otherwise

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Feb 1, 2010.

1. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringation: I agree that you really can't yell at someone for an attitude, behavior, or belief that one has grown up with. Now that my husband is a convert, he actually does yell at his family members regarding their treatment of dogs! :) My MIL kept a Rottie chained up in their solar and I'd just cry and cry...she said that she couldn't unchain him because he was killing all her chickens and baby turkeys and he was too crazy.

After day in and day of of the husband yelling, Toby had a new home before we came back to the States. And now she has a little poodle that is like her 7th child!

Slow and steady!

2. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm one of those crazy people that can't stand to see dogs out on the street also! I have 5 rescues now. I told my husband and my kids, one more dog and they'll all find an apartment together! We had taken one off the street years ago...poor thing was dying. They called her Skeletor. We fed her alot of chicken soup and she became a fatty and lived 6 more years! After my first 3 died, I got these 5. 3 were directly off the streets and the other two were bought and then were't wanted...don't understand that one! Now I have 4 sisters and 1 brother (of different colors and 5 different sizes) and a very happy family of puppies! Might I add I have the best muchacha in Cancun cause she cleans up after them and never complains! She loves them so much!!

3. JenMan

JenMan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rawkus for the info. I'll definitely look into it. TDA sounds like a great organization! :)

4. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CancunMole: Thats Claudia that co-runs the project that me and your hubby help out with!! :)

This is great!

JenMan: You will LOVE TDA. Its a great project :)

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Rawkus I am thinking you might know where I can get my dog microchipped ?
    Thanks in advance

7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tracey: Incredibly enough, I havent heard of microchips in pets here in CUN. Sorry :(

Ask your regular vet?

I would ask in Mundo Animal in Plaza Las Avenidas(near Burger King and Red Cross)

Best of luck and please let me know the result! :)

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Rawkus apparently only 1 place in cancun-Dr Henderson opposite plaza arte. if I take my dog to Uk it is a requirement that she is microchipped.In fact taking dogs anywhere in europe has the same rule.

9. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Be careful with Dr Henderson. The one time I used him for a shot, my dog got very very sick the next day (throwing up for several hours). I found out that the same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Might just be a fluke, but I can't recommend him personally.

10. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't imagine that

Dr. Jose Luis Najar Ramirez
    Av Sunyaxchen #48
    998-884-0889

isn't doing micro chipping.

We have gone to him for the past nine years and we've found him amazing. We now only see him 3/4 times a year for health certificates for our pups' return to the States but he still calls them by name. I know it's easy to check a record but to do so every visit means he cares, IMO, and he kisses them when he sees them...

Ask my DH about the third kitten we tried to bring back (or the other two, one a deserted underage little one, who is still with with us, CancunMole) to the US with us and to what lengths Dr. Najar went to to help us in each instance...

He's a true animal lover in my book and in our opinion is just like our vet our home.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice