Dog Friendly Hotels?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Percy, May 27, 2008.

1. Percy

Percy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know of a hotel in Cancun that will accept large dogs? I've searched tons of sites and cannot find any hotels that allow pets. Any advice?

THANKS!

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you might get a better response in here?

although im not sure why you'd want to bring your big dog to cancun but im sure there will be a hotel somewhere?

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to CancunCare Percy!!

I don't know of any off hand, but I will do a search and see if I can find one. Are you looking for a particular price range, or just any hotel that will accept large dogs?

Michelle

4. Percy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any hotel will work. I currently live in Chelem in the Yucatan. I'm in the process of moving back to the US. We're flying the dogs from Cancun to New York. I have searched tons of sites and cannot find any hotel or condo that will accept dogs over 40 lbs. I've considered the "love hotels," but I'm not sure that they will let us stay for 2 nights. Thanks!

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will keep making calls.....but so far the ones I've called either don't accept large dogs or they only allow them if they are seeing eye dogs.

Anybody know the price of a seeing eye dog harness & one pair of dark sunglasses? :lol: J/k

I'll keep looking for ya!

Michelle

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a doggy hotel called Von Karl in Bonfil if you need to board them.....I can't think of any hotels that would take them

http://www.vonkarl.com/

My vet also boards dogs, no website but the phone is 998 884 9828, email vetpets89@yahoo.com.mx. The place is called "Pet's Veterinaria" and is located on Tulum right across from the bus station in the same plaza as Comercial Mexicana. There are several hotels in the area, Hotel Alux, the Parador or the Radisson are all walking distance to the vet's office. Good luck!

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dogs

My vet also boards dogs. It is Mundo Animal and it's located in Plaza Las Avendias. The cost is $110 pesos per day, per dog. (Well I have small dogs, but I assume the price is the same regardless of the size of your pet.)

They are always very sweet to the animals and seem to really love them very much...which is a good thing when you plan to leave your beloved pets with them.

9. Percy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the info. This is the first time that the dogs will be flying, I 'm not sure who it will be more tramatic for me or them :) I really don't want to board them for 2 nights and then put them on a plane. I've called the Westin and the Intercont'l both have said no. One of the dogs is a rescue dogs (70 llb. Lab) and telling them how well behaved they are, and offering to pay a large deposit or additional $ for a room didn't work. When we drove down to the Yucatan from California we spent one night in Veracruz in a "Love Hotel." I think almost every city in Mexico has this type of hotel. Does anyone know if there any in Cancun. Thanks!

10. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only Love Hotels that I've ever heard of are in Japan....an I seriously DOUBT that's the type of place your looking for....

Wish I could have been more help.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice