Does Golden Parnassus do theme nights?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Cheers2US, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Does Golden Parnassus do theme nights?

I searched their website but I didn't see any.

2. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    No, they do not do theme nights in the same sense that TTR does. On Friday and Saturday evenings they do theme-like dinners by the pool, but that is as close as it gets.
    During the 2 weeks in mid October we have theme nights tentatively planned, but are getting little cooperation from the resort. They have a gorgeous, yet little used facility called the Sixties Bar. It has a nice sound system and even a dance floor! I am trying to convince them to allow us to use it for a few nights of dancing complete with themes. I even volunteered to supply our own music. All they would have to supply is a bartender and wait staff.
    I am going to continue pushing until the day we depart for Cancun. I'll let you know what kind of reception we get upon arrival! I'm trying to remain upbeat since even a bad day in Cancun is better than a good day at work!

-Joe-

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Mnfun

Mnfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We went to the GP two years ago and were suprised at the slow night life. Hot tub was awsome but still didn't make up for no swim up bar.

4. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    OK so no theme nights (bummer)

Do the guests, namely ladies, dress sexily at night, similar to at Paty-O's?

5. kag1207

kag1207 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we will be there from 10/9-10/16... I am interested in theme nights so let me know if you have any brewing so we can plan our dress for the themes ... Kim & Greg (chicago area)

6. JnLStuck

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    This is what we are going to try and do while at the GP if the resort is 100% on board.
    If they are not, we may end up doing our own late night parties on the beach. Keep your fingers crossed!!

***Frank (fbjr1) sent me his groups' Theme Night plans. They correspond nicely with ours and even add some fun options! He anticipates his group to be 30+ participants. Their theme additions are listed below in purple.

MID OCTOBER ACTIVITIES AND THEMES
    ***Golden Parnassus scheduled entertainment***
    ***Proposed mid-October group activities***
    ***fbjr1’s group - Theme activity addition/variation***

Fri. October 7 Mexican Show at Pool with dinner - 8pm
    Karaoke @ Sixties Bar - 11pm
    LBD Night - Ladies in their sexiest Little Black Dresses!
    Guys, just try and keep up with the ladies!

Sat. October 8 Tiki Party at Pool with Dinner and games – 9pm
    Bingo @ Sixties Bar – 10:30pm
    Toga Theme Night

Sun. October 9 Black Jack Night @ Sixties Bar – 9pm
    SUPER HERO & VILLAINS PARTY @ Sixties Bar. Dress as your favorite, sexy super hero or villain! – 10:30pm

Mon. October 10 ***PINKOUT DAY AT THE POOL*** Wear your pink swimwear, hats, cover-ups, etc to the pool!
    International Show @ Galaxy Theater - 8:30pm
    OPEN - Maybe a group outing to one of the clubs after the show?
    Pirate Theme Night

Tue. October 11 Karaoke Contest @ Galaxy Theater – 9pm
    Sexy Red Dress Night (Guys in black with red accents) @ Sixties Bar – 10:30pm

Wed. October 12 Decades Show @ Galaxy Theater - 9pm
    Billiard Tournament @ Sixties Bar – 10:30pm
    Hawaiian Night @ Tiki Bar. Let's dress up the Tiki Bar @10:30pm by wearing colorful Hawaiian Shirts.

Thu. October 13 Comedy Show @ Galaxy Theater – 9pm
    White Night @ Sixties Bar. Everyone dressed in sexy white! – 10:30pm
    White Night with the addition of glow accessories

Fri. October 14 - Mexican Show at Pool with dinner - 8pm
    Karaoke @ Sixties Bar - 11pm
    Men's Dress Shirt and Stilettos Night @ the Tiki Bar - 10:30pm
    OK ladies, most every guys fantasy is to see a woman in some high heels that say “f#@k me” all over them and just a gentleman's dress shirt, either from the office affair, or walk of shame, one night stand, cougar teacher or professor!
    Guys - channel your best Tom Cruise in "Risky Business"!
    Corset Night

Sat. October 15 - Tiki Party at Pool with Dinner and games – 9pm
    Bingo @ Sixties Bar – 10:30pm
    LBD Night - Ladies in their sexiest Little Black Dresses!
    Guys, just try and keep up with the ladies!

Sun. October 16 Black Jack Night @ Sixties Bar – 9pm
    Neon/Glow/Rave Night @ Sixties Bar.
    Show up in your brightest neon colors! – 10:30pm

Mon. October 17 ***PINKOUT DAY AT THE POOL*** Wear your pink swimwear, hats, cover-ups, etc to the pool!
    International Show @ Galaxy Theater - 8:30pm
    OPEN- Maybe a group outing to one of the clubs after the show?

We are hoping to be granted access to the Sixties Bar on theme nights so that we can enjoy some dancing. The GP's concierge/event planner is being very guarded about granting us that access in advance. I think all will turn out well in the end, but we may end up taking our party to the beach if things fall through. The majority of the themes are simple in order to remain versatile.
    If nothing else, maybe on a Red Dress, LBD, or White Night a bunch of us can get together and do a group dining event at the Shangri La?!
    On Galaxy Theater nights we can attend the shows in theme and ramp the fun up a little bit!
    No matter what happens, we'll be certain to organize a few theme night group photos!!

The Sixties Bar is an excellent venue for a gathering and dancing. It will accommodate fewer people than Paty'Os, but is has a hardwood dance floor and a nice sound system. It even has a pool table and an air hockey table, if I remember correctly.

7. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Is the 60 s bar not open every night?
    frank

8. Cheers2US

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    JnLstuck: I love your enthusiasm. I hope the theme nights work out well. We are going mid-January and I'm praying it's not a snooze-fest.

9. JnLStuck

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    Sadly, it is not. The Sixties Bar is a very nice facility that is severely under utilized. I am hoping that we kick start some nightlife by getting them to allow us to put on a few events there. I have been in touch with Gabriela (resort event planner) and have gotten little more than the cold shoulder. I wish that Denise, the ex-concierge, was still there. We spoke to her in person in June and were very impressed with her! Too bad she quit a short time later though.

I'm going to remain upbeat that we can make this happen. If not, Lucinda and I will be "one and done".

I tried to spark conversation about nights with dancing on their legit facebook page, but it remained silent. There's still time though!

Thoughts??

10. JnLStuck

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    I'm hoping that we can be the ice breaker for some nightlife there! Otherwise, the regulars think that sitting and drinking at the Tiki Bar is all that is needed.

I hope it works out since the GP is still in our price range and there is that chance that TTR may price us out or their vibe may change.

I will certainly keep you all posted while we are there!!

-Joe-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice